First aid training classes

Does anyone know of anywhere in Sheffield (or surrounding areas) that offer free or low cost first aid classes for babies/children? I am pregnant and would like to have attended one of these courses before the baby is born. I did try jessops but their classes are full until mid July.

Thanks

Chapeltown baths do them :)

We are wanting to run some Toddlers & Babies First Aid (Family) courses specifically for parents or indeed any grandparents, family members, friends etc who may have or look after babies and toddlers.

This is brand new to us and cost will be minimal as we will be doing these to give something back to community in a way that we think can help others make a difference when it really matters.

It will take a few goes to get it right but provisionally , no more than 2 hours long and will be a very practical course covering Choking, CPR, Unconscious, Shock and if possible (time permitting) looking at principles of bleeding, breaks and burns.

This will be a basic course in only 2 hours where we just want people to understand how and what to do and build the self confidence up a bit to be able to then do something.

Course may change time wise or be amended depending on feedback and people can attend more than one course to get more practice or just stay on a little longer at end.

We do want to run these courses but do also need ideas beforehand from everyone and feedback after, so we can ensure people get the most from the courses and also best times to run them?

Also we can do individuals at our training room in S8, or can visit groups at their location. Maximum numbers per course is 12 .

Let us know what everyone thinks please as we want to get it right.

Much more in depth courses are available but those are really aimed at nannies, childminders etc, and are recognised by ofsted/eyfs/surestart.

email : [email protected] or ring 07861498360

Our first Baby and Toddler first aid course will be on sunday 12 may , 1400-1600. It will cost £10 per person.

Let me know by private message if interested .

I would need an email address to send joining instructions to or mobile etc. , or email direct to

[email protected]

07861 498360

Martin