Check out Alfie- needs a home

Had Alfie out of kennels all day today. Lovely boy , very well behaved. He sat in the carrier in the car and never murmured , was very good on his walk and even went visiting with me. He was great in the house and got settled down for a little nap. I think Alfie would particularly suit a retired person who is active and can take him on walks and give him cuddles in the home. Really need to find a home for this lovely lad.

Alfie can be found at http://www.sheffield-dog-rescue.org.uk

He is in dogs for rehoming.

What a sweet old dog. It breaks my heart when owners have to give up their animals when they have to go into care homes :( Hope he can find a kind new owner soon. Jet looks a funny little thing! Her face colours look like abstract art painting! I like the scruffy looking Sophie as well :D Very nice doggies, must be lovely to walk them & get to know them all.

Hi Spats, yes it's very rewarding , doggy walking, not to mention good exercise!

I always feel sorry for the older dogs who have been someones pet, they always seem to find life in kennels harder than the strays do. Often dogs like little Alfie keep trying to go to front doors of houses when they're out walking as if they're looking for a new home.

You mentioned Sophie and Jet. Sophie's been in kennels far too long she would like a quiet home where she can have her own space. I'm surprised Jet is still there as often young dogs are snapped up quickly, she has a good temperament. I think it's possibly because she looks slightly deranged in her photo! She is actually very sweet.

Sheffield Dog Rescue (based at Mosborough boarding kennels) have some wonderful dogs in. I have a giggle at Jets photo on the website but she is a gorgeous dog. I have been walking Shadow recently. He is a young very handsome Border Collie,anyone who has the time and energy for him will be getting a wonderful companion. Please consider this rescue if you are looking to take on a new doggie at the moment or if you can lend a hand with some voluntary walking.