House shares - what to expect?

Daft question maybe. I've never been in a house share so don't know what to expect. It is something I'm now looking into as my parents are taking in my dog. Ill be going home most weeks to see my family and dog and friends, while hopefully also making new friends in Sheffield.

So, what can I expect from a typical multi person house share?

Thanks

You'll have:

One person who's a borderline sociopath you'd otherwise cross the road to avoid meeting; one person who's a clean-freak, likes to make cleaning rotas and leaves passive-aggresive notes when you don't clean the toilet to their liking; one person who you never see but occasionally hear his footsteps on the landing at 3 in the morning; one bouncy, hyper-cheerful, loud girl who plays Rihanna records early on Sunday mornings and loves Justin Bieber. And you.

Start saving for your own place now.

You'll have:

One person who's a borderline sociopath you'd otherwise cross the road to avoid meeting; one person who's a clean-freak, likes to make cleaning rotas and leaves passive-aggresive notes when you don't clean the toilet to their liking; one person who you never see but occasionally hear his footsteps on the landing at 3 in the morning; one bouncy, hyper-cheerful, loud girl who plays Rihanna records early on Sunday mornings and loves Justin Bieber. And you.

Start saving for your own place now.

You forgot the person who is so incapable of going to the shop every now and again to buy washing up liquid/toilet roll etc and other shared items and relies upon the others to do it up until the point where they get so annoyed about it everyone has to keep their own stash of these items in their room .

Archived