Volunteers Wanted

4 Greens

Marx in reply to your questions we are not a charity,We are a newly formed business and yes we do have a full staff/volunteer handbook, This handbook contains all relivant policies including volunteer policy,equal oppurtunitys and health and safety policies etc,etc. I hope this answers your questions.

Marx in reply to your questions we are not a charity,We are a newly formed business and yes we do have a full staff/volunteer handbook, This handbook contains all relivant policies including volunteer policy,equal oppurtunitys and health and safety policies etc,etc. I hope this answers your questions.

What will you offer the volunteers?

There are many sports clubs in Sheffield that ask for volunteers. Yes some people get paid, some don't. However with these clubs they will often pay for volunteers to go on courses, in return for volunteer hours.

For example if I wanted to help out with athletics at Don Valley, it is quite possible a club there would send me on a coaching course (which cost a few hundred) in return for a set number of coaching hours once I got the course award.

Offering someone the 'chance of work' is no-good unless you are offering them a valid qualification they can take elsewhere. As said before this is a worrying trend used by some groups.