Is the Winnats Pass open today? 5th - 6th Feb 2012

Nagel

I have to go to Manchester Airport tomorrow and my preferred route is over the Winnats Pass to Chapel-ELF then Whaley Bridge, Pott Shrigley and the lanes of Manchester's southern suburbs.

The trickiest part in this weather will be the Winnats, hence the question, is it open?

I have just got back from manchester airport, tried the snake on the way out but made it all the way to the top to get turned back by the police due to a HGV blocking the road, had to go M1 M62, but on the way back tried the wood head and that was open.

I know that doesn't answer your question directly but I would say the conditions are getting better as it was raining earlier. But it is clear everywhere but the very tops.

I have to go to Manchester Airport tomorrow and my preferred route is over the Winnats Pass to Chapel-ELF then Whaley Bridge, Pott Shrigley and the lanes of Manchester's southern suburbs.

The trickiest part in this weather will be the Winnats, hence the question, is it open?

We've come back this way from Manchester Airport a couple of times using this route.

Coming down through Winnats is a joy.

Archived