Call center work in Sheffield?

Could anyone give me advice on contacting call centers to inquire about vacancies?

Do they all employ through agencies?

I have had some customer service experience in the past, do most give training?

Any companies to avoid? I have heard Voice are not the best to work for.

I am looking for a permanent full time position and would rather avoid the agency route if possible simply to avoid having them benefit from my labour.

Could anyone give me advice on contacting call centers to inquire about vacancies?

Do they all employ through agencies?

I have had some customer service experience in the past, do most give training?

Any companies to avoid? I have heard Voice are not the best to work for.

I am looking for a permanent full time position and would rather avoid the agency route if possible simply to avoid having them benefit from my labour.

agencys tend not to take a cut of your wages... they are paid a fee by the company to find the right applicant, this saves them time interviewing

Sky are currently recruiting for customer service advisors permanent, google it.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 18:49 ----------

Agencies, do not get a cut of your wage, they work in different ways, if you are on temp work, you may find that you get a lower hourly rate than you would if you worked direct for the company, the agency still get there money, or you may find that you get a good hourly rate as it is just a temp job.

With permanent positions, the agency gets a "finders" fee, which can be in the region of £1500, and there are conditions on the employer, ie if its a permanent job and the employee leaves within 12weeks they are eligible for a refund, its all down to the t&c's between the company and the agency.

But as a general rule temp jobs with agencies are usually well paid, as you have no other securities and you can be "sacked" laid off as they please.

good luck with your job search, I am currently looking too.