Pattiserie Valerie

marthasnan

Took my daughter here today for her 30th birthday 'after spa' extra treat.

Very friendly staff but the food took ages to arrive ( we ordered a club sandwich & a salad nicoise - neither requiring major cooking skills).

The sandwich was 'ok' but the salad was completely spoilt by (wait for it!!!) cold TINNED new potatoes.

Definitely won't be going back:gag::(

Its just a typical chain cafe, all the cakes in the window look nice but dont actually taste that good/ definately are not hand made, also dont really like the coffee or service :( rather go to an independent cafe any day!

It is style over substance I agree.

Which independent would you recommend in the city centre?

I would definately agree with what ange1312 says, also the rude shipyard on Abbeydale road, marmadukes in town behind the crucible, fusion organic cafe near sheffield hallam uni and blue moon vegan cafe near the cathedral are what come to mind as having nice food, coffee and cakes when I have visited

There is already a thread somewhere on here about pattiserie Valerie. In my experience it seems very disorganised, waiting for a long time to be seated, for your order to be taken, food to arrive, getting the bill....everything come to think of it. The cakes look amazing but I always find them a bit tasteless and the coffee is just ok, pricey too. I wouldn't recommend.

I would definately agree with what ange1312 says, also the rude shipyard on Abbeydale road, marmadukes in town behind the crucible, fusion organic cafe near sheffield hallam uni and blue moon vegan cafe near the cathedral are what come to mind as having nice food, coffee and cakes when I have visited

I like the ambiance of Blue Moon - and their Homiety Pie is great - but to be honest their coffee is quite awful!

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 17:46 ----------

Tamper just up from frog and parrot make brilliant coffee, in fact i would go far as saying best in sheffield followed by bragazzi on abbeydale road.

Tamper for me next time am in town then.