Tracing my family history

I know, it does sound somewhat difficult to believe but either she is lucky, or has some hidden skills, or that she really has some well-known ancestors.

Give her some credit for what she has done and don't knock her 'cos you can't achieve it.

I'm not knocking her at all..I'm interested in what resources she used because they may help me...I've come to a halt with mine mainly because I don't do guessing..all my links back to 1450 are evidenced by documents...otherwise it's a waste of time...

Edited by truman

Well done!

Sounds like you are a budding geneologist.

I managed to get back to the late 1700's.

I could find out who the guy's father was but nothing else. Not even his DOB.

I think thery moved around a bit, so the parish records were not much help.

I did get some professional advice, but they could not find anything prior to the 1700's.

I do realise the name could be misspelt.

I 100% respect your privacy however, how did you manage to find some of your relatives as most of the records on ancestry seem to start from the 1750's?

A few tips could be useful.

I had much the same thing with a misspelt surname, held me up for ages, in the end had to ask for help, after that everything just flew in to place, I find it the most satisfying feeling when you spent ages trying to track a descendant down and then you finally achieve your goal.

Even found out that the surname Blackwell had its own coat of arms with greyhounds on it lol