Eeepc netbook black screen issue.

jellytots10

I have a Eeepc netbook.

I havent used it for maybe a month and the battery went flat. I have charged the battery over night but when I tried to switch it on all the lights on the keyboard are on but the screen is black

Is this a simple fix or is my net book fried although I havent used it.

Many thanks for anyone who can help me.

I have a Eeepc netbook.

I havent used it for maybe a month and the battery went flat. I have charged the battery over night but when I tried to switch it on all the lights on the keyboard are on but the screen is black

Is this a simple fix or is my net book fried although I havent used it.

Many thanks for anyone who can help me.

This happened to a new netbook I bought about 2 months ago, I took it back infact I only got it back this week it's my sons, apparently they had to replace the mother board, so basically it sounds to me that you shouldn't let the battery go too low which is not right surely.

Mine is an asus, is yours fanless ?

Yes its fanless buddy. I cant see why letting the battery down would do this grrrrrr

Not used it for a while then nothing. Really annoying !

When I bought it i thought that's strange not having a fan, personally I think it's where you hold the laptop I'm on a table now so it's getting air to it, sounds a bout right to me if they had to replace the mother board on mine pal, can you take it back.

• 2 weeks later...
Remove the battery and power cable, press and hold down power button for at least 10 seconds, then only connect cable, no battery, press the power button to start, if it doesn't, then bring it to me for diagnostics - which is free of charge.

hope it helps...

P.S. I'm working throughout Christmas, Bank Holiday...

I have tried doing the above pal , but nothing still.

Where about's are you ?