Looking for an old friend Maureen Riley

Hi there, I wonder if anyone has any information about an old friend who I used to live near in the 1960's. We both lived on Fairbarn Way at Stannington. and we both attended Myers Grove school. Maureen emigrated to Australia about 1970 I think. She had 2 sisters who were called Linda and Kathleen who were both out in Australia when she went out there. She did come back in the early 70's and she was married with 2 children but I have forgotton her married name. I haven't heard anything of her since. I would love to make contact with her again if anyone can help.

Many thanks

Hi mabel lily - Kelly's directories from the 1960s show a J.W. Riley at 26 Fairbarn Way, and public records show that a John W. Riley married an Edna Martin in Sheffield in 1947, likely children being Kathleen, born 1949, Linda M., born 1950 and Maureen, born 1954. Two possible Sheffield marriages for a Maureen Riley in the early 1970s are to James A. Reed in 1971 and to Ian Hawley in 1972. In the births index I can't find any likely children from the first of these marriages, but children with the surname Hawley and mother's maiden name Riley born in Sheffield are Richard, born 1973, Robert, 1977 and Jane, 1981.

Looking at recent electoral rolls I can't find an Ian and Maureen Hawley sharing a Sheffield address, but I have found a Maureen Hawley at an address in S6. PM me if you'd like the address - you never know!..:)

Edited by hillsbro
Date correction