Greensleeper band members

Osvig

Hi there, thank you for the photo, I hope you will send more to my e mail address. Harry's daughter was amazed to see the photo, I f/wded to both kids earlier today.

In one of the previous posts Eddie Juke writes about H, is Eddie a band member?

I am looking forward to keeping in touch.

Bez99

Hi Bez, the line up of the band changed over the years and I dont know if Eddie played or not but I am sure the others will! Whilst I was there from about 76 to 79 the line up was Albert Bennett (David is his real name) who is an amazing front man & vocalist, Peter Billingsley - incredible drummer, Simon Peace guitar & cape! and me also on guitar. We were looked after on the road by Simon's brother Jonny, someone called magic Dick and Dave Beaumont who somehow managed to get a working van and all of us and our euipment to gigs all over the place. When Simon left we were luckily enought to have Andy and occasionaly Alan Walker join on guitar and later on when we got back together for Peter's 40th in 1992 we had Alan Walker again on giutar with Ozzie join us on bass. I hope that Albert (David) sees this post and can give us a more complete line up over the years. We did have some amazing times and the audiences were very supportive.

Hi Bez this is pete (kipper) to Harry, drummer with green sleeper, really sorry to hear about Harry, we had some great times together in the band and socially as we used to go out as pals when not playing and when the band broke up and we all got married we all lost touch with each other! We got back together as Russ said for my 4th in 1991and then lost touch again.glad he carried on playing such a great guy!

• 8 years later...

Hi Bez, only just seen this. Was this Harry Wilkinson? Me and Harry used to go to Walkley County together in the 50's. Went to  his marriage in Nottingham to Lynn/Rebecca  (who was a good friend of mine from Trent Poly in Nottingham). It was really nice to meet him again after so many years. He and his members sung New York New York together.

If I have the wrong name I apologise but sorry for your loss anyway.

Steve Marples