Volunteering Opportunities

I am asking on the behalf of somebody else for volunteering in the animal care sector preferably Hillsborough/City Centre.

If anybody could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I am asking on the behalf of somebody else for volunteering in the animal care sector preferably Hillsborough/City Centre.

If anybody could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I Think that the dog pound take vols sometimes no harm in asking, also cats shelter, cat protection, and I think Sheffield dog rescue are pretty central-ish, its not directly caring for animals but Rainrescue have just opened a new shop at Arbourthorne thats quite easy to get too and a lovely atmosphere..

Hope that you find something nice for your friend :)

Thank you for your response.

It's for a client at work. We have already referred a client to the Rainrescue charity shop, it'd just be a little far for this client to travel. She is wanting mostly hands on with the animals.

Thank you for your response.

It's for a client at work. We have already referred a client to the Rainrescue charity shop, it'd just be a little far for this client to travel. She is wanting mostly hands on with the animals.

The other rescues would be hands on and all around town area I think, the pound is at West bar easy walking distance so not too far at all.

That's great thanks. I will call around some of those places this afternoon.

If anybody knows of anything around the Hillsborough area that'd be great as well.

Becca, although it's not hands on animal care, there is a lovely new RSPCA Charity Shop opened up in Hillsborough (in the barracks). Your client could volunteer at the shop & still be helping the animals. The manager there is a lady called Gaynor. She is really lovely & makes everyone feel welcome.

One thing to consider, if your client needs support, a lot of Rescues will expect a carer or support worker to attend alongside the person to keep an eye on them, as they may not have the staff available to supervise.

Best of luck.

Yes we have seen this RSPCA Charity Shop and I am trying to talk her into it even though she is specifically trying to get animal based volunteering. I am also trying to get her to do a Diploma in Animal Care.

She wouldn't require support to be honest, it's just a lack of confidence issue which if she wanted we can come along for her first couple of visits with her until she feels comfortable. We would be willing to support her and the organisation in any way.

Thank you for your reply.