The latest benefit scam

Those checking should make random checks in a good percentage of cases, by phoning the company to check. All it takes is a phone call!

I'm not 100% sure that they can do that under the Data Protection Act or that the company can respond by identifying an individual without their consent.

I do know though that if an unemployed person is sent to a workfare provider they will ask you to sign certain forms of agreement and one of those is to sign away your rights under the DPA. That then gives them the right, if you get a job, to check up to see if you are still employed after a certain time. That way they can then claim extra bonuses to line their pockets.

Wrong,If a crime has been committed, then CCTV footage can be used without consent,in this case fraud. If the social have asked the OP to get footage, if they come in again,then if it was handed to a 3rd party, it must be logged (protecting the owner from misuse of the data protection act).

The important bits above are in bold.

No crime has been committed, no fraud has been committed and the social have not asked for footage. As said before, in a case where a crime has been committed then its a different situation but so far there has been no crime.

as we do have a vacancy i asked them if they really wanted to be interviewed for a position

aint you gonna advertise it in the Sheffield Jobs Forum section of the forum.????????????

Edited by Stan Tamudo