NVQ Assessor opportunities

Hello

I have recently qualified as an NVQ Assessor and I wondered if anyone might help me to get my first step on the career ladder please.

I have over 10 years of experience in marketing, so I have been applying for work in the fields of Business Administration and Customer Service and other related disciplines. My interviews always go very well but I am never successful because the only experience I have of assessing is the 2 candidates that I assessed as part of my TAQA course.

Does anyone know of anywhere that might be willing to take on someone such as myself? I would even consider voluntary work in the short term, to build up my experience.

Thanks!

If you got called to interview, then they already should have known form your CV/application that you have no previous experience. So it can't be that or else they wouldn't even bother interviewing you, one would have thought. Have you asked them for feedback?

Try voluntary action sheffield, see if there is anywhere they can point you.

Hello

Yes, i would agree with you that it makes no sense to invite me for interview if they can see I don't have enough experience, but this is really what has happened. I did call for feedback and this was the only reason they gave for not offering me the job. This has happened to me several times before. Very frustrating!

Can't you work freelance? I know someone who lost their job, retrained and set themselves up as an asessor. They work for various training bodies as and when they are required. They also offer training services in streamlining the admin function to small businesses.

Where did you do your NVQ training? Im looking to do it but struggle due to not actually having someone to access.

Can't you work freelance? I know someone who lost their job, retrained and set themselves up as an asessor. They work for various training bodies as and when they are required. They also offer training services in streamlining the admin function to small businesses.

I guess that begs the question to the OP then, do you feel you are competent enough to do the job? Or do you feel you need to build up some experience first?