Please Help Me Promote A Facebook Group

Hi all

I've just created a facebook group to raise awareness about meningitis and also to promote work of Meningitis Trust. In the group, I also aim to do a bit of fundraising also.

However, for the group to be successful, I need as many people to join as possible. I would be grateful if you all could spare time and nip along to Mart's Page and check it out (see link below):

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marts-Page/392600437454383

If I get over 3000 likes, I have promised to cycle 3000 miles for charity. So, if you want to see this happen, please hit the "like" button on my group.

Thanks

AO.

Edited by Agent Orange

it may be worth checking out some of the silent tagging pages on FB and joining in some of the marches to help raise awareness.

i cant get onto fb at the mo, but if any of this doesnt make sense, let me know and ill send you some links :)

oh, and obviously give you a push on my page too!

x

Sorry AO - Although I respect and support what you are trying to do, I'm not prepared to support a (highly flawed) commercial organisation which may well use your membership for commercial gain.

Facebook is a comany (one which appears to be going ' tits up' too.)

You are not a customer, you are the product - a product which (although nobody seems to want to come on out and admit it) - seems to end up in some very strange hands.

Best of luck with your charitable efforts.

I am, however, not convinced that ' facebook' and ' charity' should be mentioned together in the same universe.

for commercial gain.

I take the point - I feel exactly the same way about Just Giving, which has beome almost ubiquitous among the people I know who regularly do charitable things.

I do like donating to the causes they support, but it really offends me that JG is a for-profit company with a CEO who earns more than the Prime Minister.

I appreciate it (like Facebook) is highly convenient for engaging with a large number of people, so the donation total would be higher than if these sites weren't used, but still....

Good luck with the fund-raising AO - I'll make sure to pass you some money another way.

Hi all

I've just created a facebook group to raise awareness about meningitis and also to promote work of Meningitis Trust. In the group, I also aim to do a bit of fundraising also.

However, for the group to be successful, I need as many people to join as possible. I would be grateful if you all could spare time and nip along to Mart's Page and check it out.

If I get over 3000 likes, I have promised to cycle 3000 miles for charity. So, if you want to see this happen, please hit the "like" button on my group.

Thanks

AO.

Absolutely brilliant, well done for wanting to make a difference!!! ....You have my support

Thank you for your support and your views.

Can I just point out, unless I create an independent website, I am stuck with facebook as a way of promoting my work. It's one of those things, I am afraid :(

However, thank you for your words of support.

Thank you for your support and your views.

Can I just point out, unless I create an independent website, I am stuck with facebook as a way of promoting my work. It's one of those things, I am afraid :(

However, thank you for your words of support.

It doesn't matter if it's helping Facebook, end of day it's helping people so Facebook is the best choice as that is the major website you could possible use to get the message across.. Good luck...... Now get training for that 3000 miles..

It doesn't matter if it's helping Facebook, end of day it's helping people so Facebook is the best choice as that is the major website you could possible use to get the message across.. Good luck...... Now get training for that 3000 miles..

Thank you again. Yes, best get on my bike :)

Thank you again. Yes, best get on my bike :)

You didn't add an extra 0 on by mistake though did you

You didn't add an extra 0 on by mistake though did you

I'd happily settle for 300 :)

Yeh would think that's wiser unless ya doing next tour de France..