Sandisk Ultra or Extreme SDHC cards?

Just bought a camcorder and trying to decide which SD cards to get.

Seen an offer on Sandisk Ultra but had previously been considering the Extreme Version - what is the difference and are Extreme noticably better?

Thanks.

Extreme are faster speed than Ultra so I would think that they would be better for video use

They both look to be Class 10, but current Extreme ones look to far exceed the speeds for that Class.

Unless your camera, or other device you plan to use it in, can read/write at those higher speeds you'll not notice any difference. It shouldn't hurt to use a higher class card, but you'll not get any more performance for your money.

Just to add, I use Sandsk cards all the time and have not had one fail on me yet.

Also agree with the other poster you will not notice a difference unless your device is capable of the higher performance.

Page 20 of the manual on their website suggests a Class 4 card is all that's required.

And in the specification section on page 170 it says that the maximum transfer rate for any of the video it will record is 28MB/second - so any card that does at least that will be fine i.e. any Class 4 or above :)

Speed isn't the only thing with the cards though, some will specify better error-correction, waterproofness or whatever.

Personally, I'd be going with a few of the Sandisk Ultra ones at whatever capacity gives most GB to the pound this week.

Multiple small cards means if the card dies or gets lost, you don't lose all your footage. Something I've seen happen a few times.