Pol hens wanted

wanted some nice pol hens wanted like pekings

Do you mean Pekins? They are tiny, go broody and don't lay many eggs. If you mean Pekins there is a big difference between show and pet quality in looks and price. Pet quality can be found anywhere eg preloved, bird trader and poultry forums.

hi we have got some now thanks

I know what you are saying chez but we have over 50 pekins and most of them have laid well over winter, yes some go broody but not like sussex. They are tiny as there are no large fowl, they are bantys!!! Fab little birds that really want to be part of the family much like our sablepoots. Of the near 1000 birds we have hatched this year pekins are my fav!

Pekins aren't the type of birds you get for layers. I have three pet quality ones and they have been laying for a few months. It seems the show quality ones are worse for poor breeding and egg laying. I'm only going on what poultry club serious Pekin breeders and the Poultry Club of Great Britain book tells me. I only got the Pekins for my little niece to handle as all my birds are LF, most are the large end of LF too. I need both hands and arms to hold my mature cockerels. Pekins are notes for going broody, unlike Sussex. I'm very confused about you saying Sussex go broody. I have kept Sussex for the last five years and none of mine have ever gone broody.

My Dad has had Light Sussex all his life (73 years) and they are known for going broody at the drop of a hat. We have Buff Sussex at the moment and currently have 6 out of 12 that are broody. Infact the best broodys are Sussex X Silkies. Yes Pekins can go broody but are easily broken offf.

we wanted them for our children so not really bothered if they dont lay lots off eggs