Wheeliebins - blowing in the wind

Originally posted by rtapper

The page also states that "Householders are responsible for the security of their wheeled bin." - gonna get CCTV and an alarm installed and phone up Norwich Union and get them to quote me happy :P

Can`t say I have the problem with wind on my bin, but I have had 3 stolen in the last 15 months.

Originally posted by venger

Can`t say I have the problem with wind on my bin, but I have had 3 stolen in the last 15 months.

What a strange kind of thing to want to steal! I Wonder: what drives someone to pinch something like this?

Originally posted by Sam Miguel

Is it me or are those wheeliebins the wrong shape or something? When it's windy - and they've been emptied - they blow all over the place. I've retrieved them from the middle of our road! It's a pain, it really is.

It's fair enough when you are in the house: you can fetch your bin straight back in after emptying, but as most people are out at

the time, there doesn't appear to be an answer.

I suppose someone will take me seriously once some poor pensioner has been decapitated by a flying bin.

Hmmmm

I'm sure I've heard someone else complaining of EXACTLY the same thing recently.

Must be a common problem in Hillsborough too ...

Aha !

So you're back on then !

(you're original account still works there Kim - use that one and come and say hello..)

Originally posted by Kimberley_04

Hmmmm

I'm sure I've heard someone else complaining of EXACTLY the same thing recently.

Must be a common problem in Hillsborough too ...

Originally posted by fattybear

Aha !

So you're back on then !

(you're original account still works there Kim - use that one and come and say hello..)

Ah, so you've decided to come into my wheeliebin thread.

I like your taste.

Well done!

Does yours blow over?

Originally posted by Sam Miguel

What a strange kind of thing to want to steal! I Wonder: what drives someone to pinch something like this?

If you take the wheels of one bin with a bit of messing about you can reattach them to the handle, if you then lay the bin down you have one hell of a go-kart type thing..........

No it wasn't me who nicked the bins before you ask :)

Archived