Sheffield Wanderers Walking Group - Curbar Edge, Sunday 27th May

Sunday 27th May - Curbar Edge

With just one short climb, this is an easy and invigorating 8 mile walk along the gritstone edges of North East Derbyshire which provides excellent views across the Derwent Valley towards Eyam Moor, and also towards the landmarks of Higgar Tor and Carl Wark. Good paths throughout on this walk, which can get muddy in places after rain.

Details:-

Meet at The Grouse Inn, Longshaw, S11 7TZ at 10.0 for 10.15 start. There is parking just down the road (A625) from the pub either on the roadside, or in a National Trust car park a little further down. No public transport available to get to the start of this walk.

New walkers are always welcome. Please e-mail [email protected] if you are interested in coming on this walk.

Can't make this walk as I'm away, but I hope it'll be repeated some time.

Sounds like this was a good day, I've heard from 2 new people who said that they'd had "a marvellous time". Cheers to keyboard for leading the walk, I was leading one myself in the Yorkshire Dales at the time. 2 in 2 days in fact, both in the beautiful Wharfedale area.