The Bradway rumble noise

I used to live in Bradway and in the early hours of the morning a low rumble could be heard across much of the area caused by trains passing through Bradway tunnel and the surrounding valley. It was not, in my experience, loud enough to be heard above the ordinary background noise of traffic in the daytime, nor really loud enough to cause much of a disturbance at night; you'd only hear it if you were awake. It most likely is down to works down there. They do certainly work on that area through the night - I've often passed it late and seen workmen there.

I've heard that noise in the past as well. I'd be happy if it were only that... and not surprisingly, it was going all last night and has been going all day as well.

just spoken to 101 and they have confirm that the 'Noise Team' within the council are investigating it.... in case you don't know, if you want an update you have to ring the council during their working hours and not 101!

It's not mate it's the sand blasting machine at william lee!. Sounds like a helicopter hovering at the bottom of my garden when the wind blows from a southerly direction

Ah right..cheers for that! I always thought it was the foundry at P&V...anyway it's bloody loud what ever it is! :o

might be the ex..