Has any business showed improved sale through having a website.

I'll be honest, I think a website is vital to the majority of businesses nowadays.

Firstly, its a trust issue and people trust companies with websites.

Secondly, its a search issue. I search for everything online. Yellow Pages etc... are becoming more and more outdated.

Thirdly, Its a social issue. You can promote your business very easy and for free using social media that links to your website.

You have to get these right though. A website is useless unless someone can find them. If http://www.skiphiresheffield.co.uk or something similar is available, snap it up!

This is very true, i now work for Style because of this reason and they had no online presence what so ever before i started. Now that they do , we are seeing a lot more new customers. As snoopjiggy said its the way people work nowadays ! Cant you help them doing all the online social media side and getting them a new website?

further to all the recent posts on here i am pleased to say my parents have come round to the idea of websites and internet marketing, my next task is take on e commerce and making sure the website is seen and found does anyone know info i was told there is quite alot on the "for dummies" website to learn from.

You can have a go yourself for free on Yola but is not as good as having one made.

Mine is a Yola site too, its worked well for me as its free. Cant complain.

If so, there is a program called Digital Direction http://digital-direction.biz/ it is designed to help Sheffield based businesses to get the most out of IT. It will not pay for a website/SEO etc but will pay to get a consultant to advise on the right strategy...you never know, you might find a consultant who would do the consultancy and throw in the website development for free ;).

thanks for sharing this...ive signed up to one of their workshops today, just need to make sure i can get the time off the 'proper' job to go! :)

x

further to all the recent posts on here i am pleased to say my parents have come round to the idea of websites and internet marketing, my next task is take on e commerce and making sure the website is seen and found does anyone know info i was told there is quite alot on the "for dummies" website to learn from.

We design websites and blogs based on Wordpress (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordpress).

Wordpress used to be very much a blogging system, but now it's so much more than that - you can build virtually any time of website you want, including eCommerce.

We offer a budget installation for this type of simple website/blog, but to be honest I'd be happy to do this for free to help out your parents. I'll drop you a PM now.

If you can get everything automated, EG, Book your Skip, Size, Place, and pay online. I think that might bring some more sales.

But with that your looking at paying a few grand for a system like that.

It may be worth it in the long run but not a lot of Skip company's do that (as far as i know)