Removing Black Coffee Stains From Knitting

Wheezy

This afternoon, instead of enjoying a nice cup of coffee, I decided to tip half of it into my knitting trug. :roll: Of course I ruined a lovely knitting book and the coffee has stained several pieces of a soon to be teddybear. :( (cream....) It also coated the ball of wool I am still knitting with (last teddy leg). I guess I am going to have to finish the leg with the coffee stained yarn and then wash the piece along with the other stained pieces :confused: What would be the best way to wash it? I was thinking on a gentle wash in the washing machine. Any advise?

Too late now - you either got the coffee out or you didn't. I'd wash it in the sink with some bath temperature water and a squirt of whatever you wash your dishes in. If it's wool-wool then there's the option of overdyeing it (strong black tea will work) to cover up the stains. The extreme solution is a black marker pen and make it a Fresian teddy.

Someone small accidentally tipped a glass of Vimto in my lace knitting once, the worst thing about that was the sticky needles.

Too late now - you either got the coffee out or you didn't. I'd wash it in the sink with some bath temperature water and a squirt of whatever you wash your dishes in. If it's wool-wool then there's the option of overdyeing it (strong black tea will work) to cover up the stains. The extreme solution is a black marker pen and make it a Fresian teddy.

Someone small accidentally tipped a glass of Vimto in my lace knitting once, the worst thing about that was the sticky needles.

I washed the pieces. It faded but didn't wash out. I will have to knit another head. I think I am sticking with the stained leg as it won't be seen (much). It's bamboo by the way w4b. :roll:

• 4 weeks later...