Does Life Feel Different after 10?

Well, we had the question about whether life felt different after 50, then we had the question about whether life felt different after 30, so I'm being logical. (or is that 'reductio ad absurdam?')

When I was 10, I didn't give a damn! I went to school and when I wasn't at school I was playing with my mates (or doing whatever my mum wanted me to do.)

When I was 11, I went away to school. Did that change my life? (Of course it did!) Is '10' some sort of 'magic threshold age'?

Do we have life-changing ages every odd-number of decades?

(10, 30, 50, 70 etc.)

Is that why my 60th birthday was just another day? (I jumped off a mountain - which was fun - but it wasn't an 'earth-shattering' event.)

Does that mean that life won't be worth noting until I'm 70?

[quote=Rupert_Baehr;8743773

Is that why my 60th birthday was just another day? (I jumped off a mountain - which was fun - but it wasn't an 'earth-shattering' event.)

Does that mean that life won't be worth noting until I'm 70?

Everyday is just another day but some have occurences, events that possibly elevate them above and away from the others in terms of memory and sentiment. I don't physically make notes of any particular day I couldn't tell you when either my mother or father died for example; through choice I hasten to add. I have no interest in remembering one date when all the others are far more worthy of remembering.

I have felt no different from one year to the next.

I appreciate I am getting older and are less capable of doing some things with the same energy as I once had but do I feel older, no.

I suppose when you're young 30 appears a long way off and perhaps because of that when it's reached it feels as though your youth falls away. It doesn't the same as 40 and 50 aren't markers of old age. We look back sometimes and sometimes what we see spurs us on to do more. For me it has been positive.

I can't recall being 10

Archived