Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

As the organiser you should have made sure nobody went on the field - even if it meant standing there or parking your car across the gate - and failing to put a sign up is very poor(a clear plastic bag keeps the rain off!)

I didn't know people would be so stupid as to go on what was obviously a saturated field with standing water on it and unfortuantely I don't drive so couldn't park across the gate. A plastic bag would not have stopped any sign getting wet and becoming illegible as even the laminated ones run from getting wet. Most of the people there had not even bothered to book and were the turn up on the day ones and as i said I apologise to those that had booked but not read their emails. Lesson learnt on our part I will not be a naughty volunteer again!!!!!

yes tesco supposed to be this sunday

ps like lady above im wondering if anyone would help me do a car boot i dont drive and have loads of stuff to go willing to share petrol and standing costs pm me

Just checked. Hope car boot is off this sunday( 17th june ).bakewell showground has been moved to rowsley for this sunday only.i have no doubt they will try and get this one going but a friend out there says the weather is diabolical,so probably best to stop at home.lady manners on next sunday,weather permitting,of course.

Is the tesco one definately on this week? Does anybody know? Thanks

Does anyone know if Thorpe hesley cricket club and also dinnington rugby club carboots are on tomorrow? Or if anyone knows how to find this out? ( I can't find any contact info and don't want a wasted trip to either of them!) thank you :)

Does anyone know if Thorpe hesley cricket club and also dinnington rugby club carboots are on tomorrow? Or if anyone knows how to find this out? ( I can't find any contact info and don't want a wasted trip to either of them!) thank you :)

Hi ,

I did email the secretary after getting info on Thorpe Hesley carboot to see if she would email me if it was cancelled but didnt get a reply .

As for Dinnington its very rare thats cancelled unless the weather is really bad.

Sorry not much help maybe if someone is in the thorpe hesley area they might see a notice if cancelled and post on here ?

Hi ,

I did email the secretary after getting info on Thorpe Hesley carboot to see if she would email me if it was cancelled but didnt get a reply .

As for Dinnington its very rare thats cancelled unless the weather is really bad.

Sorry not much help maybe if someone is in the thorpe hesley area they might see a notice if cancelled and post on here ?

according to the sign it's still on nothing to show it is cancelled unless sign has been put up since this morning.

Thanks aliozi and dudleydo for the info, fingers crossed it'll be on tomorrow!! :)

Does anyone know if marsh lane is on I've tried the mobile but it's just going to orange answer phone does that mean its off

Morning All ,

Thorpe Hesley definately on as my hubby there now selling my plants i hope . says about 50 cars there already so should be a good one . Another sunday morning at home puppy sitting for me . Happy Booting !