Large greyhound coat needed please

rachelfinlay

hi, does anyone know where i can get a cheap but good greyhound coat (large)

i dont mind used. our grey hound lives indoors and always hiding upsatirs but do need a coat for when we are out on walks

also could do with a very long rope/lead so he can run about on the feild with our gsd safely again dont mind used

thankyou

I know this will sound preachy - sorry - but it's really not a good idea to let a greyhound get "up to speed" on a training line/rope/whatever. As I'm sure you know, they hit 40-45mph in a couple of seconds, so when the collar yanks as they get to the extent of the line it can do them serious damage. Mine run in enclosed areas. I think that's the only safe option apart from the few greyhounds that have recall

I know this will sound preachy - sorry - but it's really not a good idea to let a greyhound get "up to speed" on a training line/rope/whatever. As I'm sure you know, they hit 40-45mph in a couple of seconds, so when the collar yanks as they get to the extent of the line it can do them serious damage. Mine run in enclosed areas. I think that's the only safe option apart from the few greyhounds that have recall

no it doesnt at all thankyou for your advice. im new with greyhounds only had him 6 months he's 5 1/2 yr old x racing dog.....i didnt even think of that so thankyou very much (oopps now i feel like a bad owner :( )

we've only had our gsd a few weeks and shes off lead on feilds and hes gagging to run with her as he pulls my bloody arm out!!!

i fort bout enclosed area but cant find one local and cant trust him off the lead at all!!!......and no i didnt realise just how fast they can shift

I used a harness with a long line with foster hounds, that way they don't break their necks if they get silly.

When there is no enclosed area's around for public use, it is the only alternative to let the dog stretch it's legs a bit more.

I didn't mention letting the dog get 'upto speed'.

Of course I don't mean to let a greyhound sprint around attached to a lead.. It's impossible :hihi:

no it doesnt at all thankyou for your advice. im new with greyhounds only had him 6 months he's 5 1/2 yr old x racing dog.....i didnt even think of that so thankyou very much (oopps now i feel like a bad owner :( )

we've only had our gsd a few weeks and shes off lead on feilds and hes gagging to run with her as he pulls my bloody arm out!!!

i fort bout enclosed area but cant find one local and cant trust him off the lead at all!!!......and no i didnt realise just how fast they can shift

Thank you for not minding me being preachy :)

There are tennis courts and basketball courts and all sorts around, usually a good idea to go very early morning. I know what you mean about them pulling your arm off; I have two that can't go off lead and they are furious when we walk with an off lead dog. We had an incident over christmas where I thought my shoulder had been dislocated because they gave chase to the off-leader!

Don't feel like a bad owner - greyhounds are weirdos :)

I used a harness with a long line with foster hounds, that way they don't break their necks if they get silly.

When there is no enclosed area's around for public use, it is the only alternative to let the dog stretch it's legs a bit more.

I didn't mention letting the dog get 'upto speed'.

Of course I don't mean to let a greyhound sprint around attached to a lead.. It's impossible :hihi:

Yes you're right, harnesses are better and I should have mentioned them in my post, but I was thinking about using a line for a greyhound to play with an off lead dog as I think the OP wants to do, and I've never known a hound that doesn't want to go full pelt in those circumstances.

Yes you're right, harnesses are better and I should have mentioned them in my post, but I was thinking about using a line for a greyhound to play with an off lead dog as I think the OP wants to do, and I've never known a hound that doesn't want to go full pelt in those circumstances.

I was quite lucky with mine, he turned out to having excellant recall so he got to run off lead the majority of the time :hihi:

But then he was a lurcher pup.. Not a greyhound with possible racing history.

Thank you for not minding me being preachy :)

There are tennis courts and basketball courts and all sorts around, usually a good idea to go very early morning. I know what you mean about them pulling your arm off; I have two that can't go off lead and they are furious when we walk with an off lead dog. We had an incident over christmas where I thought my shoulder had been dislocated because they gave chase to the off-leader!

Don't feel like a bad owner - greyhounds are weirdos :)

im happy for you to preach away i dont know much and anything to help :) and you didnt sound preachy so dont worry

omg did you really :0 not had that yet but he can bloody pull. he keeps trying to trick me by following commands i give to gs but know as soon as i let him off he'l be gone and wont stop!!!

struggle to get out early as have a 1yr old and 3 yr old 3yr old in morning nursery so we walk them in morning, fetch one home then walk one dog to school then walk the other to pick him up at 12 then i take them out before bed for hour so he'l just have to put up with being on a lead

and yes they are weirdos totally agree

I was quite lucky with mine, he turned out to having excellant recall so he got to run off lead the majority of the time :hihi:

But then he was a lurcher pup.. Not a greyhound with possible racing history.

mines x racing dog and retired 6 months ago when we got him, thankyou but i think its a bad idea with rope, didnt really think/realise the spead he can pick up so what ever hes on he will pull my arm off and poss get off.....but thankyou :)