Scrapping a Car

Hi, firstly, Ive done a search and all previous threads are 2006-2008 so see if anything new on this.

I have a car that I have/am breaking and will be looking to weigh in the shell. I called EMR at Attercliffe who were paying £150/tonne. Car is a Vauxhall Omega which originally weighed about 1.5 tonne however I am taking parts off but shouldnt be any less than half that weight at all.

What I need to know is:

1. Are EMR the best place to take the car too?

2. Are there other places that collect cars that pay the weigh in value?

3. Can anybody quote on transporting the car to Attercliffe from S5?

4. The car has 2 cats, Ive been told elsewhere that in Lincoln them particular ones bring about £70 each, where in Sheffield is the best place to take the cats too?

I do know I can get the car weighed in and come out with money on top no matter what state its in so not interested in it being removed for 'free' but the problem is it will drive (at the moment) but I need the wheels back off it as they are all loaned spare wheels due to selling the alloys early on in the process. Im nearly through taking parts off so need to prepare for the shell to be taken and weighed in.

Cheers

Towmasters in rham are paying £175 a tonne today.

i got £45 for a cat off a renault at emr attercliffe back last year they know all the prices seem pretty good

Towmasters in rham are paying £175 a tonne today.

I'll try them tomorrow or early next week, better if they could collect otherwise I'll end up paying out to have it taken somewhere so better rate the better, cheers.

i got £45 for a cat off a renault at emr attercliffe back last year they know all the prices seem pretty good

Sounds about right, think should be £50-£60 for these, did you just take them down to their Attercliffe site and ask how much?

Never done it before :huh:

Cheers

Hi

if you still have the car you can donate it to our charity CATs

just ring Giva car they collect and you ask for the money to come to our charity

http://giveacar.co.uk/charities/cat-abuse-treatment-society?cat=animal

Donate your car

To arrange free collection,

call us on

020 0011 1664

Thanks

carol