Sheffield wanderers Walking Group - Creswell Crags, Sunday 15th January

Sunday 15th January - Creswell Crags

Starting from the impressive limestone gorge of Creswell Crags, the route first of all takes us past the outskirts of Creswell itself to the picturesque hamlet of Belph. From here here we cut through part of Welbeck Abbey Estate and take a well known local path known as Robin Hood Way back to the start. The total length of this walk is 8 miles, and there are no hills at all for once!

Details

Meet at Creswell Crags Visitor Centre, Crags Road, Welbeck, Notts, S80 3LH at 10.00 for 10.15 start.

New walkers always welcome, for more details about The Sheffield Wanderers go to http://www.sheffield-wanderers.com

Edited by scoobz
typo

Me and Archie will be on this one all being well :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this walk :thumbsup:

The last time I went to Creswell Crags it was similiar weather to what's forecast for tomorrow, i.e frost and mist, and it was very atmospheric. Should be the same again I think!

What a lovely walk, and no wind or rain! Nice change to not have 3 million other people in the area too. Shame about the lack of pubs in Creswell and Clowne though :huh:

Edited by scoobz
typo

What a wonderful way to spend a sunday, a most impressive walk. It was lovely to meet up with so many of you & to meet a few new walkers (i hope you enjoyed it):) I so enjoyed the soup in the Pennygreen Tea Garden

Got to agree with Akoon, Pennygreen Tea Garden was an added bonus, especially as they let us consume our own food and drink :thumbsup:

That was such a lovely walk. Cheers Scoobz for organizing it. I must agree the tea garden was a pleasant surprise. Nice to meet up with everyone & hope the new walkers enjoyed it.

Pennygreen sounds a lovely name for a tea room. I'm sorry to have missed this walk, sounds like you had a good time.