Julie Dore Needs Your Help

Should Anyone At Sheffield City Council Be Paid More Than £60,000 A Year?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Should Anyone At Sheffield City Council Be Paid More Than £60,000 A Year?

• No
    • Yes

Edited by shao

at which point in my statement exactly do i "deride people with mental health problems"? i state vulnerable people of sheffield "not just those with mental health problems"

Read jim graham's opening post before you make I'll judged comments on mine. I'm sure if you find my statement offensive, his statement on not supporting any other vulnerable person will be more offensive. and you might even find it as appaling as i did!

and who said i had a massive mortgage, I'm merely not benefiting from the decrease in the interest rate because I'm stuck with a rubbish deal!

Your comments in brackets are alarming. Are you deriding people with MH issues? Is it not your own decision to what extent and which mortgage deal you place on your home? The issue is ultimately far bigger than banks and bankers and I would also say that if you are paid from the public sector you are not earning money for the UK you are spending it. Your tax has come from actual tax earned or rather borrowed money.

and i hope you or any member of your family is never so unfortunate to have the indignity of someone else coming into their home to look after them. Maybe then you might rethink your moronic comment of me "borrowing" money rather than earning it:rant:

wow, you have far too much time on your hands!

Wish I could find the time to research our local authority to this extent.

Unfortunately I'm to busy working my arse off contributing to the efforts to make sure that our most vulnerable people of Sheffield are still cared for (and not just the ones with mental health problems) whilst paying off a mortgage with a crap interest rate that I'm stuck with because I don't have enough equity in my house to re mortgage because those the CEO's in banks who cocked it up for the world are still sat getting massive bonuses whilst making my life difficult. (you state any CEO's who **** things up would get the sack)

I get absolutely sick of listening to "intellectuals" like you constantly panning Sheffield city council. We're not perfect but neither is the private industry, we're facing cuts and the possibility of redundancy like anyone else.

You are so annoying. Get a life and get real! :roll:

and out of curiosity? do you work and contribute taxes to the running of the city?

I know how you feel, I think everybody on the lower end of the pay scale is in the same boat. We don't have the comfort of a high salary and secure pension to see us into old age like some of the high earners do.

I think everybody on the lower end of the pay scale is in the same boat. We don't have the comfort of a high salary and secure pension to see us into old age like some of the high earners do.

no we don't, just gets me down listening to this bashing all the time. I genuinely care about the provision of care for the people who need it not just in Sheffield it upsets me when I'm classed as a lasy money grabbing scounger, I work for my money.:(

I could go on the dole and make no contribution!

Edited by shao

no we don't, just gets me down listening to this bashing all the time. I genuinely care about the provision of care for the people who need it not just in Sheffield it upsets me when I'm classed as a lasy money grabbing scounger, I work for my money.:(

I think people are just probably sick of seeing all the high salaries that some private/public sector workers earn, I know I am, and it doesn't help when you read about the huge lump sum payouts & pensions when they retire oh well at least I have something to look forward to .................................................wait a minute I don't have one :(

wow, you have far too much time on your hands!

Wish I could find the time to research our local authority to this extent.

Unfortunately I'm to busy working my arse off contributing to the efforts to make sure that our most vulnerable people of Sheffield are still cared for (and not just the ones with mental health problems) whilst paying off a mortgage with a crap interest rate that I'm stuck with because I don't have enough equity in my house to re mortgage because those the CEO's in banks who cocked it up for the world are still sat getting massive bonuses whilst making my life difficult. (you state any CEO's who **** things up would get the sack)

I get absolutely sick of listening to "intellectuals" like you constantly panning Sheffield city council. We're not perfect but neither is the private industry, we're facing cuts and the possibility of redundancy like anyone else.

You are so annoying. Get a life and get real! :roll:

and out of curiosity? do you work and contribute taxes to the running of the city?

I am not an intellectual, I'm an engineer. But, compared to most council employees I am Stephen Hawking.

Yes I do have time on my hands. I was made redundant again 3 weeks ago. I get nothing from the state even with 2 kids to feed................. and I still have to pay your stupid council tax to keep you lot in jobs. I also have a mortgage. But, aren't you the real hero here?

No, you're far from perfect and getting worse every day.

I have a life and I'm very real. It's the reality bit you can't face.

That was not meant in that way at all. Sorry it was interpreted that way, I was more referring to our NATIONAL debt. Sincerely that was not the case and my error to not explain clearly.

apology accepted. Sorry I was a bit too sensitive. Just care a bit too much maybe. :)

I am not an intellectual, I'm an engineer. But, compared to most council employees I am Stephen Hawking.

Yes I do have time on my hands. I was made redundant again 3 weeks ago. I get nothing from the state even with 2 kids to feed................. and I still have to pay your stupid council tax to keep you lot in jobs. I also have a mortgage. But, aren't you the real hero here?

No, you're far from perfect and getting worse every day.

I have a life and I'm very real. It's the reality bit you can't face.

doesn't take much to get your back up does it. Sorry to hear your unfortunate enough to be made redundant again.

I'm sure you wouldn't give monkeys shiny left testicle if I lost mine. Maybe you should join me in the public sector and be cosseted for a living for doing very little whilst contributing nothing to society!

I am not an intellectual,

clearly and one of the only statements of yours that makes sense.

Have a go at politicians all you like but don't start on the people who have about as much power and say as you do!