Gym at Zest in Upperthorpe, opinions?

Has anyone used the gym at Zest in Upperthorpe? If so what do you think of it?

It seems to be in good location as I get the tram into town, and I could stop off on the way to work.

I'm looking for a gym for normal people to get fit (where the clientele aren't all prancing posers or meatheads 'pumping iron'). Ideally also want somewhere with reasonable membership fees (closer to £20/mth than £50).

Note: I've noticed that people often use these gym threads to argue that you shouldn't use gyms. I take points that I could buy a home gym/bike or go running. However this thread is about using a gym, if you have comments about the merits of gyms as a whole please have the courtesy to start your own thread.

I work at Zest, so I'm slightly biased. ;-)

However, I have used the gym at Zest and it's got really friendly staff and even at busy times you can get on the equipement, which I have found to be a problem at other gyms in Sheffield. I used to go after work around 5pm, and always managed to get on to equipment I wanted to use.

Also, the people that use the gym are not your conventional gym goers who are pumping out weights 24/7.

I think you should try it and hopefully you'll be pleasently suprised. You can get a 1 month membership to start with if that suits you, if not I'm sure there will be offers coming up over the run up to the new year.

My daughter has been and felt comfortable, you can also pay as you go so if you don't like it don't have to go again. I am going next week for my induction to see what it is like

Used to go when I lived round the corner, it's nice enough, never was busy when I was there, and the staff and people are friendly!

Hi,

I'm currently a student at Sheffield University, and was considering this gym because it's close to where I am living. However, the comment about "the people that use the gym are not your conventional gym goers" makes me wonder if this is a student-friendly gym or not?

Also, does anyone know if University students are entitled to a Slice Card or not? As I can't work it out.

Thanks