Free Educational School Trips For Sheffield Schools

Schools in South Yorkshire are being encouraged to take up the offer of a free educational school trip to Yorkshire Water's water treatment works near Sheffield.

The interactive educational centre provides pupils aged between nine and 11 with an insight into the journey of water from source to tap - linking in with the national curriculum subject of water.

Pupils are taken on tour of the water treatment works by trained education guides to see how the water coming in from the reservoirs in the area is treated and then sent out to taps all across the Sheffield area.

Spaces for FREE education session for the next few terms are booking up fast so any schools wishing to register should visit http://www.yorkshirewater.com/educationcentres or call the education team on 01274 692548.

iv actually been on this trip with my youngest daughter via school, must say its a very enjoyable educational day out!

I went on a similar trip when I was a 1st year in Comprehensive. We were given a guided tour of an active water treatment plant.

Granted there were areas we couldn't go due to a safety risk (areas were chlorine gas maybe present) but it was a damn good day out.