Appeal for Embroidered labels - help!!

Hi all,

I'm really hoping that you can help me out on this one.

We recently lost a dear member of our knitting group to cancer and wanted to do something special to remember her by.

It was decided that we would all knit squares which would then be sewn into 2 blankets for the patients at Ashgate Hospice in Chesterfield.

The blankets are now completed but we would like to attach a label saying that they were knitted by us in memory of our friend but try as we might we cannot find anywhere that does them.:(

The main problem seems to be that we only want 2 labels and not 200 of the things.

So I'd like to put an appeal out to everyone to see if you can help us. We've been told that we need to get in touch with someone who has a sewing machine that does embroidery :confused: To be honest this is something we don't usually come across so if anyone could help us we would love to hear from you. You can email us at [email protected]

Many thanks,

Beighton Knit & Natter.

I do hope you find someone to help out, embroidery machines are really expensive and I guess would be only used by hardcore stitchers, try the one at Woodseats they are always very helpful :) Good luck :)

please try the craft group on the forum as well, I'm sure there are more sewing machines lurking there as well

edit bad english (I know what I meant to say)

Thanks for your quick reply. I've just posted it onto the Craft Group site as well so we'll see what they can come up with.

Thanks for that Moonfire. I've just given the shop a ring but the person who does it isn't in until Monday so I'll call him back then. Regards Beighton K&N

I replied through PM because I was short of time but it case it's of use to anyone else I've looked up the link now. This is a guide to labeling quilts, there are other options than an embroidered label. Back in the day when I was a quilter I favoured the Pigma pen on stabilised cotton method myself.

Potentially there's a problem sewing a label onto a handknit blanket because the label isn't going to stretch and the blanket is. In this case, because it's made in squares and seamed if you sew the label along a seam then even if the stitches burst along the other sides then you'll still have it attached on two sides.

Edited by Wool4brains
can't tgpe

I have some embroidered tags that say "handmade with love" on them. I would happily give them to you if they are any good. Jam Jar beads also sell something similar by the metre.

Hi all,

A massive thank you to everyone who took the time out to reply to our appeal.

We're delighted to tell you that someone is now making us the labels for the blankets.

We'd also like to take this opportunity to thank any of you who came to Beighton Methodist Church Christmas Fair on 3rd December and helped us raise an amazing £100 to buy wool with so that we can continue to knit for local hospitals and other local charities. Without other people's generosity we wouldn't be able to run our group so we are very grateful. Thank you once again.

Wishing every all the very best for the festive season,

Beighton Knit & Natter.