Anyone work at King Edward orthopoedic hosp 1961-

Hi just wondered if there is anyone out there who had worked at King Edwards hospital 60s I did my nurse training there ......would like to hear from people especially 1961 intake of students....I often pass the building which has now been turned into flats.....brings back fond memories......wonder what happened to nurses that worked there...

I was in there, C ward 1962 & 1968 then G? 1972. I can remember sod all really except the surgeon DK Evans, a Mr Guite (looked like Fulton Mackay) and Mr Cartledge (looked like Hughie Green), two male nurses. There was a really quiet Belfast auxiliary as well who was shy and used to hide in broom cupboards, or so the legend went.

Hi thanks for reply

were you a patient.... I was a student nurse...remember Mr cartlidge on c ward .. he was the ward manager then ...it was also my first ward.... The patients were usually in there long term ..they used to have the people come and show films which was a real treat..There was a sister williams on D ward...I.remember mr guite who worked on nights.......We used to sit between wards c and d .... it was always a bit scary as the ward was away from the main hosital wards.It was a Dr. Hertzog ..only resident docter.....he lived in the bungalow at the back of the wards....

Thanks once again for your reply.....

I was a patient there in 1965, I remember being taken outside in our beds in the summer to get some fresh air, which was great until the wasps started to home in on us. The mum of Dave Berry (pop star) was in the same ward as me and when he used to visit it was the high light of my life as I was only 16 at the time.

Was this the same place as Fulwood Annexe. if so I was in Fulwood Annexe in the summer of 1963 having a broken toe seen to. I remember a nurse there called nurse MCArthty, we called her MacNulty, she was very nice to the patients.

Anyway, best wishes to nurse McArthy.:hihi:

Was this the same place as Fulwood Annexe. if so I was in Fulwood Annexe in the summer of 1963 having a broken toe seen to. I remember a nurse there called nurse MCArthty, we called her MacNulty, she was very nice to the patients.

Anyway, best wishes to nurse McArthy.:hihi:

Fulwood Annex was a seperate Hospital, King Edward Hospital was up Rivelin.

Hi just wondered if there is anyone out there who had worked at King Edwards hospital 60s I did my nurse training there ......would like to hear from people especially 1961 intake of students....I often pass the building which has now been turned into flats.....brings back fond memories......wonder what happened to nurses that worked there...

yes I worked there from 1963 I did my orthopaedic certificate and then went to barnsley to do my state The happiest years were at rivelin though without doubt

I was a patient there in 1965, I remember being taken outside in our beds in the summer to get some fresh air, which was great until the wasps started to home in on us. The mum of Dave Berry (pop star) was in the same ward as me and when he used to visit it was the high light of my life as I was only 16 at the time.

did you know Michael Kelly

did you know Michael Kelly

Sorry I don't know the name, I can't even remember the name of the wonderful doctor who treated me, I wish I could.

;)

Sorry I don't know the name, I can't even remember the name of the wonderful doctor who treated me, I wish I could.

Dr herzog was the resident doctor and he waSs wonderful I was a student there from 1963 and have very fond memories of my life there The patients were great and we had so much fun as well as the hard work

Hi thanks for reply

were you a patient.... I was a student nurse...remember Mr cartlidge on c ward .. he was the ward manager then ...it was also my first ward.... The patients were usually in there long term ..they used to have the people come and show films which was a real treat..There was a sister williams on D ward...I.remember mr guite who worked on nights.......We used to sit between wards c and d .... it was always a bit scary as the ward was away from the main hosital wards.It was a Dr. Hertzog ..only resident docter.....he lived in the bungalow at the back of the wards....

Thanks once again for your reply.....

I was a student there from 1963 I remember Mr Cartlidge and Mr Guite very well and working nights with him He always worked B2 and if I was on B3 we used to sit at the end of each ward corridor ,so that we could still hear the patients on each ward , and chat He used to tell such wonderful stories about his life I never knew how he managed to do nights because he was a chiropodist during the day as he had his own business at Hillsborough or so I was led to believe so when he slept I never could fathom out They were such happy days