Is anyone interested in starting a film club

This sounds interesting. Is anything happening with it?

If not would any one be interesting in starting something again?

Edited by bek182
added content

I know other people have asked this but did anything happen with this?

I used to belong to a film club down south and we did several mini-films and low budget horror. We also did some community projects which was great fun.

I am not personally a fan of horror but am handy at editing with Sony Vegas! Would love to get involved in a club watching and making films - wouldn't really know where to start though as I've just recently moved to Sheffield. Does anyone have any ideas?

I know other people have asked this but did anything happen with this?

I used to belong to a film club down south and we did several mini-films and low budget horror. We also did some community projects which was great fun.

I am not personally a fan of horror but am handy at editing with Sony Vegas! Would love to get involved in a club watching and making films - wouldn't really know where to start though as I've just recently moved to Sheffield. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm not too sure where to start as some of the comments are oldish so i'm not sure if people are still looking at these posts. If theres a few people we could start by meeting at the showroom cinema and going from there?

I'm not too sure where to start as some of the comments are oldish so i'm not sure if people are still looking at these posts. If theres a few people we could start by meeting at the showroom cinema and going from there?

I'm interested in this. Like a previous poster I have a Cineworld card I don't use enough (though I'm not as averse to going on my own) and it would be cool if somewhere down the line we could even set up our own showings of things rather than having to rely on what's on at Cineworld/Showroom.

Maybe set up a Facebook Group for it? The format's probably a bit easier to discuss and see who much interest there is.

I would also be interested in joining, whether its watching films, making or both.

I would like a club which doesn't take itself too seriously but would start making some small films. To have fun, not necessairly to enter into competitions although I would not rule this out if this is where the group went.

We could include the watching of films but I'd personally prefer to have a bit of fun doing them ourselves??

No equipment though! Only hitch. Just my thoughts.

Some strange responses on here! Well I can only speak for myself. I'd be interested in joining a film club, specifically just watching films though is what I'm after... like someone has suggested ... going to the Showroom and a beer afterwards. I'm new to Sheffield so would be good to find some people interested in seeing new and different films.

There's been talk on the unofficial film forum about getting together on the 23rd oct for the showroom shorts, if anyone's interested =]

Yes, I would be interested in a film club, sounds good

if you people in this thread would like to organise a film club meeting

the south sea in broomhill would be up for hosting the club meetings and support any initiative

1st sunday of the month maybe, just a suggestion.

get in touch if enthusiastic about setting this up

enjoy the sunshine :)

Did anyone do this? Like ClaffClaff below, I am new (ish) to Sheffield and would be up for watching films then go for a few beers to try and widen my social circle a little.

I think it's a great idea. There are loads of older films that I'd like to see on a big(ish) screen. I'll take a look into venues...