What browser is best?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What browser is best?

• Internet Explorer
    • Google Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Other

I'm using Chrome 15.0.874.120 m with two handy extensions.

Scroll To Top Button6.1.5 (useful when looking through a long list on ebay or maybe forums like this with a lot of posts)

SmoothScroll1.0.6 which takes a little bit of adjusting at first but effective when you get it right.

Edited by BladeSteve

What are you basing that assumption on?

Seems incredibly unlikely to me.

As a bit of a stab in the dark, I would say the best part of 3/4 of websites are created with the aim of making money. Even personal sites have adsense on these days. If they can't make cash through ad revenue, they either pull the site or find other ways to make the $$$. Subscription based sites will become more and more regular if people keep pimping well known plugins like they do.

I agree it is sometimes a distraction, but I would never deny someone a few cents for their hard work. Without them, I might have to get off it and go the library to research, costing a small fortune in bus fare.

Ok Maybe my first post was a little on the dramatic side, but in a world where every user had the unmentionable plugin installed, (agreed, never gonna happen) you would see sites either moving to subscriptions or dropping off the web. At the very least people want to cover costs.

And to me. I can't see that happening any time soon, if ever.

It won't..

So how do you suppose informational/service/entertainment sites will make cash if ad revenue is removed?

They either won't and will fall off the web, or find another way to make money, and as you blocked everything remotely non content related what other way is available?

In the short term you are right it probably won't be an issue, but long term there is some sense in my madness.

Ask Geoff if he would bother with the hard work of running a busy forum if there weren't a few quid in it for him!