Barrel Pub,Chapeltown

been a couple of times and had no problems food was good didnt wait long and service was fine,only problem i did encounter was the coffee machine wasent working and had been like this for three weeks.

Has anyone tried the food at the Barrel now that its had a re-furb?

Been told things are a little disorganised but food is ok

Went to the Barrel last night and ordered a starter and a main course. The starter of a combo to share was fine but immediately after our plates han been collected our main course was served. It had been prepared too soon and left under a hot lamp. I had chicken wrapped in bacon and smothered in cheese - all the cheese had melted from the chicken and was congealed on the plate and the chips were limp and soggy. My wife had Steak Pie - the meat and crust was dry and the mashed potato had a hard skin on top. We did mention it to the waitress but did not get any feedback. It was a case of good food spoiled and if the kitchen staff think that there job is done when the meal is plated up then some education is required. Food should not be kept warm - it should be served fresh. We may go again but will not order a starter

I suppose it will take them a bit of time to get organised with new staff etc . Seems od the the waitress didnt do anythging after you mentioned it to her

I went for a Christmas meal in the Barrel pub on Thursday evening (15th Dec) with 9 other persons of various ages from 30-70's.

The Starters, Main Course and Puddings were gorgeous and plates were cleared by all. The atmosphere was warm and cozy. The staff (Management, Bar and Chef alike) were really friendly and accomdating, especially helpful to a meal that was needed to be Gluten Free. :)

Everyone complimented the service and surroundings and had a thoroughly lovely Christmas night out. :hihi:

Thank you to all the staff, with special thanks to Chris for his efforts to accomadate our needs. ;)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

I went for a drink last night there, and thought it looked lovely compared to the wreck it was before!

Its a bit worrying that the manager is calling his staff names, and laying the blame on them, as I know people who work there, who had to undergo several days training by said manager!

I heard that the person in question wasn't the actual manager, but a gentleman helping out for the initial opening week or so. So he was bang out of order. :mad:

I phoned for 5 days on the trot and left my number.

Just leaving it now and will not go back.......never been after a free meal. It is more about not receiving the promised call

Hi there, BE aware that they now have a permanent Manger in place and they do seem far more on the ball. Also the gentleman who you spoke with may not have been the actual manager, but a gentleman who was helping out.

Must be worth giving the new management a go surely. ;)