Where to go for advice about benefits?

wreck

due to a recent change of circumstances i need some advice on what benefits i would be entitled to. Never been on benefits before so havent a clue how it all works. Have recently become unemployed but because hubby works full time and we have 3 kids im not sure what my options are. Have tried making an appt with CAB but cant get one for at least 4 weeks! Does any one know where i could go to find out please

due to you being with a partner you wont be able to claim unemployement benefits as you still have a wage coming in however you will still be able to claim child tax credit and then theirs you child benefit which you get you may be able to get help with rent and council tax but your be best ringing the council to check this out

due to a recent change of circumstances i need some advice on what benefits i would be entitled to. Never been on benefits before so havent a clue how it all works. Have recently become unemployed but because hubby works full time and we have 3 kids im not sure what my options are. Have tried making an appt with CAB but cant get one for at least 4 weeks! Does any one know where i could go to find out please
what area do you live in?

other than going into JobcentrePlus who administer most of the benefits you will probably be entitled to, there are only a few face to face options, CAB is the only other one I can think of

they are pretty good the sites like turn2us or maybe on the MoneysavingExpert forums, maybe worth a go?

CAB near end of london road has a walk in service on certain days, You have to do your sums carefully, Do you own your own home? if you live in rented/council house and your husband earn less then £25k You will be better off if both of you are not working or only work 16hours a week so they cant force your husband to go college or a full time job, this way both of you can can more quality time with the kids, When you factor in housing/council tax benefit you will have a better disposable income

CAB near end of london road has a walk in service on certain days, You have to do your sums carefully, Do you own your own home? if you live in rented/council house and your husband earn less then £25k You will be better off if both of you are not working or only work 16hours a week so they cant force your husband to go college or a full time job, this way both of you can can more quality time with the kids, When you factor in housing/council tax benefit you will have a better disposable income

we live in a private rented home. I know we would be better off if we both didnt work but thats not what we want. Hubby works full time always has and up till recently i had always worked part time. We want our kids growing up with a good work ethic knowing you have to work for what you want in life.