Can anyone take a rescued hedgehog?

Right! Don't want to bore everyone with mindless details but basically the story goes like this................

Whilst doing something outside on our back yard,my missus heard noises coming from our open drain,the next thing,she runs into the house shouting at me to go outside and 'get the hedgehog,get the hedgehog!' I went outside thinking she had found some kind of new herb in our garden and smoked it!!! She then pointed at the drain with a finger that would keep up with a hummingbird's wing!! The it was.....a hedgehog in our drain! We have no idea how long he/she had been down there but it was still alive,i then proceeded to (carefully) 'extract' the HH,20 minutes later it was free!.We phoned the RSPCA who gave us some advice...put some crumpled up newspaper in a box with some catfood and water etc...

The thing is,we have no idea how to care for this HH or if it has any injuries and would benefit from someone who knows what they are doing(for the HH's sake).

So if there is someone who knows about HH's and would like to take care of our little hero,please get in touch soon.

Thanks in advance

Jay.

You can take it into PDSA from there rescue or RSPCA will deal with it.Took loads in that,s been hit with cars ect to them.

PS dont ring just take it in ring bell they cant refuse it.

Edited by terminator

hi try voluntary rescue wildlife in woodseats 07860808179.glad to see RSPCA was so helpful (NOT)

Phoned the RSPCA who can't really do anything 'til tomorrow,we get quite a few foxes etc round here and in our garden,just didn't want anything to happen to it tonight,its been through enough.

Thanks for the advice,will see how it is tomorrow and go from there unless someone offers to take it tonight?

hi try voluntary rescue wildlife in woodseats 07860808179.glad to see RSPCA was so helpful (NOT)

Are they open 24/7?

Think so worth giving them a ring.Also try south yorkshire animal rescue in walkey

animal rescue as already said will help you. i had to ask for advice on a hedgehog which i later released.hope it is ok good luck.

Thank you,yeah,can't see me getting a lot of sleep tonight:roll: