Muay Thai Vs Karate Comes to Sheffield 23rd JULY 2011, Queens Road

who is the Karate fighter?

Farhad

No nutshell, I'm not suggesting anything at all apart from that the title of this thread is very misleading.

I've seen all the footage of Muay Thai Vs Karate (and TKD for that matter) I care to see and I think the evidence of the outcomes is out there for anyone else that cares to see it.

A show in Sheffield showcasing a Karate competitor and a Muay Thai competitor (probably both of whom have never acheived much on a world class international circuit so don't have the credentials to prove the point your post would claim to make) isn't going to achieve waht the title of this thread claims it can. I'll wait and see what competitors actually coem forward for this before I buy a ticket, I'm sure if you were to stump up a decent purse this could be made interesting, could be.

PS. Youtube may have already proved your opinion wrong.

Farhad

No nutshell, I'm not suggesting anything at all apart from that the title of this thread is very misleading.

I've seen all the footage of Muay Thai Vs Karate (and TKD for that matter) I care to see and I think the evidence of the outcomes is out there for anyone else that cares to see it.

A show in Sheffield showcasing a Karate competitor and a Muay Thai competitor (probably both of whom have never acheived much on a world class international circuit so don't have the credentials to prove the point your post would claim to make) isn't going to achieve waht the title of this thread claims it can. I'll wait and see what competitors actually coem forward for this before I buy a ticket, I'm sure if you were to stump up a decent purse this could be made interesting, could be.

PS. Youtube may have already proved your opinion wrong.

We have had a top level Karate-Ka on our shows numerous times. His name is Adam Hadfield. Also known as the "Daley Thompson of Martial Arts".

LOL

Either way, im sure both the Nak-Muay and the Karate-Ka will be able to showcase their respective arts in the ring with gloves on ;)

We have had a top level Karate-Ka on our shows numerous times. His name is Adam Hadfield. Also known as the "Daley Thompson of Martial arts

So, what you're effectively saying is that, even in the context of your shows, this concept is nothing new...

So, what you're effectively saying is that, even in the context of your shows, this concept is nothing new...

Not really no but this is the first time we have a whole TEAM of Karate-Ka fighting against Thaiboxers.

In the past we have had fights matched between Fighters of varying martial arts backgrounds.

All in good fun obviously ;)

AFK Fighters on the undercard for this event will include :

The return of Sheffield's favourite Bad Ass Becky Usher!!!

Professional Kickboxer Parson Cross's finest Yousif Ibrahim , who needs no introduction.

AFK's newly qualified Black Belt instructor Andrew Campsill

Full Contact rules kickboxer Undefeated in 3 fights (and avoided by 75kg from the local "shiny pants" clubs), Tanny "the Tornado" Akhtar

Also we have making his debut on a night show, Adam Lofthouse.

K-1 is not a style it is a brand. It would be like saying someone who has trained in "UFC" :hihi:

You'd be surprised how many times i have been told this.

Was it that thing in like a Hexagon where there were no rules? Whats it called again,....

Lol i think it was in a fish tank maybe, no rules except no messing with the other dudes hairstyle or something.

You'd be surprised how many times i have been told this.

Lol i think it was in a fish tank maybe, no rules except no messing with the other dudes hairstyle or something.

I understand the no messing with the other dudes hairstyle and all that but I dont quite get all the rolling around on the floor

Here is a trailer for the last event :

I understand the no messing with the other dudes hairstyle and all that but I dont quite get all the rolling around on the floor

Real Men fight on the floor ;) lol

Real Men fight on the floor ;) lol

Im sure they really enjoy it too :)

Im sure they really enjoy it too :)

We do, Its super awesome.

So back to the thread, is stutch fighting?