Muay Thai Vs Karate Comes to Sheffield 23rd JULY 2011, Queens Road

Any ideas on who is fighting yet?

From AFK,

Tanny Akhtar faces Matt Spring. Both fighters are undefeated and want to keep it that way!

Yousif Ibrahim , faces undefeated Thaiboxer Mark Platts (who also has a substantial amount of MMA Experience)

Andrew Campsill makes his return to the ring against Gerry O Driscoll from London after a long term injury.

Both Fighters have unbeaten records once again.

Bad Ass Becky Usher is also due to appear on this card after a whole year out of the ring due to injuries

AFK Newbie, Adam Lofthouse will have his first outing and promises to surprise a lot of people!

From the Thanapron Gym , we have household name Rob Watkinson who gave a great display of Muay Thai in his last contest as well as Nigel who makes the transition from Interclub to big show.

There will also be an England Vs Ireland Team event

Edited by chefkicker

From AFK,

Tanny Akhtar faces Matt Spring. Both fighters are undefeated and want to keep it that way!

Yousif Ibrahim , faces undefeated Thaiboxer Mark Platts (who also has a substantial amount of MMA Experience)

Andrew Campsill makes his return to the ring against Gerry O Driscoll from London after a long term injury.

Both Fighters have unbeaten records once again.

Bad Ass Becky Usher is also due to appear on this card after a whole year out of the ring due to injuries

AFK Newbie, Adam Lofthouse will have his first outing and promises to surprise a lot of people!

From the Thanapron Gym , we have household name Rob Watkinson who gave a great display of Muay Thai in his last contest as well as Nigel who makes the transition from Interclub to big show.

There will also be an England Vs Ireland Team event

Thanks.

I presume none of the AFK people are in the Karate vs Muay Thai theme?

Not sure what you mean to be honest. I'm more of a grappler so not particularly interested in either of the two styles. Would have to say Muay thai often beats Karate when they go head to head though.

I didn't mean to be pushy bout who was fighting etc, its just the show is being promoted as Muay Thai vs Karate and tickets are on sale, so I would have thought people would have an idea by now as to who is fighting

Not sure what you mean to be honest. I'm more of a grappler so not particularly interested in either of the two styles. Would have to say Muay thai often beats Karate when they go head to head though.

I didn't mean to be pushy bout who was fighting etc, its just the show is being promoted as Muay Thai vs Karate and tickets are on sale, so I would have thought people would have an idea by now as to who is fighting

The whole show is not sold (on the poster anyway) as Muay fights against Karate. The Muay Thai Vs Karate fights would have at the most been say 3 or 4 fights. On the poster, the main fights that are being pushed are those of the Barnsley fighters as well as AFK's established stars of course ;)

When I put the idea forward, it seems that most Muay Thai practitioners seemed to have selective vision towards it as none of them put their names forward. We do have Muay thai fighters on the card, just none to fight the Karate guys. Instead people from Kickboxing and MMA clubs have elected to fight the Karate guys. It's a shame as it would have been a good laugh. We also have MMA fighters from Rotherham in the mix for the event.