Alex Higgins won twice in 1972 and 1982

A so called friend of mine called me a liar about the dates Alex Higgins won the world title.

I know for a fact he won in 1972 at a Working Mens Club, just outside Birmingham.

I knew that he also won in 1982 at the Crucible against Ray Reardon and knocked Jimmy White out in the semi's. Jimmy was expected to win it after beating Cliff Thornburn. MY Mate Andywords on here will not beleive me or play the £1,000 bet he had with me. I met him on Friday, not having looked on the t'internet, but 90% certain of the year and who played in the final.

To save his blushes, as he always thinks he's right, even when he's wrong I reduced the bet to £10. He still thinks that Higgins won in 1983, beating Davis in the final.

This is the link I sent him and he still wont pay up or even say that he's wrong. I leave the people on here the proof and will let you tell him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_World_Snooker_Championship.

The money was going to a charity and I think that he should now pay up

TTman

Come ON Andy Words pay up or are you just full of the ****e, you say everyone else is....

Your a bad loser, or is that just a Loser!!

A so called friend of mine called me a liar about the dates Alex Higgins won the world title.

I know for a fact he won in 1972 at a Working Mens Club, just outside Birmingham.

I knew that he also won in 1982 at the Crucible against Ray Reardon and knocked Jimmy White out in the semi's. Jimmy was expected to win it after beating Cliff Thornburn. MY Mate Andywords on here will not beleive me or play the £1,000 bet he had with me. I met him on Friday, not having looked on the t'internet, but 90% certain of the year and who played in the final.

To save his blushes, as he always thinks he's right, even when he's wrong I reduced the bet to £10. He still thinks that Higgins won in 1983, beating Davis in the final.

This is the link I sent him and he still wont pay up or even say that he's wrong. I leave the people on here the proof and will let you tell him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_World_Snooker_Championship.

The money was going to a charity and I think that he should now pay up

TTman

I text you last night to say you was right, as for you ranting on about this bet originally you wanted to bet 1k to which i replyed *stop talking silly* and we had a sensible bet of a tenner that was late thursday night a whole THREE days ago to say i wont pay up is out of order never welched on a bet in my life, Im in town tonight name the pub and time and ill bring the £10 to you! PS i never saw you good friday at all so why say i did?

Edited by A. Woodward

Rung you several times tonight! you wont answer, really says it all dun it rodger!

Andy, last night and today you were ranting about 1983 and me knowing fA. Today I had my phone transferred to my VM. U as usual say one thing to somebody and then say the opposite when "pulled on it". I was and am still in mixed company until Tuesday, so I will not have my phone on so you can swear at me like you do when proved wrong. I'm sorry mate but saying your drunk when you ring does not ring true anymore. As usual you say one thing and then when asked to pay up dont and kick off. I consequently will not bet with you again, your such a bad loser and this is one of the reasons you get barred from so many pubs!

Andy, last night and today you were ranting about 1983 and me knowing fA. Today I had my phone transferred to my VM. U as usual say one thing to somebody and then say the opposite when "pulled on it". I was and am still in mixed company until Tuesday, so I will not have my phone on so you can swear at me like you do when proved wrong. I'm sorry mate but saying your drunk when you ring does not ring true anymore. As usual you say one thing and then when asked to pay up dont and kick off. I consequently will not bet with you again, your such a bad loser and this is one of the reasons you get barred from so many pubs!

You dont half talk some BS you have been with VM for years, it was ringing perfectly clear over the last 2 days but you refuse to answer! when have i REFUSED to pay up? You come on here giving it the big un id rather sort this out face to face, I try to tell you your club (west ham) still owe blades around 20 mill but you are adamamant you have paid this debt and then like a big kid you storm out of the pub because i dont agree with you! Anyway i dont want to get into a public argument with you on a forum as i say i rather sort it out face to face!

Edited by A. Woodward