Rivelin, Walkley or Lower Stannington

below the flats is nice too and since the tram link the bus services have improved less waiting time etc..

there is also the new school (the merge of wisewood and myers) plus several primary schools with good reputations and several toddler groups and play schools..

several shops that although not 24/7 like hillsborough but are open late, a spar & post office, co-op/summerfield, chippy, chinky, harware, bookies, newsagents, corner shop, sandwhich shop, several hairdressers and a beauty parlour, 2 chemists and GP surgeries.. the 11 / 12 / 61 / 62 / SL6 cover this area if you were to have a run out on the bus to see it for yourslef and nosey at the locals.. and speak to people

like all areas there are roads that are to be avoided and roads that look like something from a tv commercial for OAP homes.. but home is what you make it.. i would not live anywhere else

In my honest personal opinion there is no such place as lower stannington its all stannington, but if you search you will find several threads relating to this...

I agree with you Lady In Red,I have always lived this end of Sheffield and now live in the Stannington area.

It has it's small pockets of trouble but on the whole I love it and would not live anywhere else.Where would you find scenery like we have up here.:love:

What are these communities like? Looking to move over to this part of S6 based on house prices, vicinity to town and countryside, and public transport.

What are the areas like for families?

Please don't respond with "move to Crookes, much better" because I know this. Sadly you don't get a pot to you-know-what in for the same money up there.

No Crookes is not better unless you love students!The three areas mentioned nhave both more character and greater characters than Crookes which has become a poor mans Broomhill

which part of walkley, lower walkley toward Rivelin?

This is the thing - I am aware of the South Road part of Walkley, but have no idea what the Rivelin part is like, below Bole Hill Rd.[/QUOT

Why not take a walk and find out for yourself-why rely on opinions of "tramps like us"?

@gnvqsos - proximity to town, shops and good schools gives Crookes the edge but I take your point. Landlords are selling terraced houses like they've gone out of fashion. Which they kind of have now the new flats in shalesmoor and the uni roundabout are built.

Re walking around Rivelin - I have spent some time exploring but you can't tell what an area is like by just walking around. You need to ask the residents.

I wouldn't call any of you tramps anyway, don't know where you have that from or who you are quoting, but it aint me!

Re walking around Rivelin - I have spent some time exploring but you can't tell what an area is like by just walking around. You need to ask the residents.

I wouldn't call any of you tramps anyway, don't know where you have that from or who you are quoting, but it aint me!

Harryflint, I can give the thumbs up for Lower Walkley like everyone said great for neighbours, shops, transport and schools. The only downside would be parking. Walkley Lane is an urban clearway part of the day which means side streets can be quite full of cars as there isn't much off street parking. But as the transport links are so great there isn't really any massive need for a car.

@gnvqsos - proximity to town, shops and good schools gives Crookes the edge but I take your point. Landlords are selling terraced houses like they've gone out of fashion. Which they kind of have now the new flats in shalesmoor and the uni roundabout are built.

Crookes and Walkley are equidistant,Walkley has a Netto,a library,several primary schools and a choice of secondary schools such as King Freds,Myers Grave,Wisewood and even Parkwood Academy-trump that.The tramps were from a Bruce Springstein line

Tramps like us,baby we were born to run !