Looking for suggestions for a first time dog owner living in a studio

I have a very small garden and for me the size isn't an issue. as long as she is walked, gets reqular exercise then she only uses the garden to pee etc and generally chill and get fresh air. Garden big or small shouldn't really matter should it:huh:

I agree I've only got a small garden that isn't at all secure (one reason I gave up on rescues, some of them insist you have at least a 6 foot fence all round, impossible in our strange multilevel garden)

Our dog only goes in the garden to have a quick toilet and I go with her then straight back in, she gets enough exercise from her walks, I don't think a garden is actually necessary at all if you're happy to take the dog out to toilet, just nice to have.

Went to view the house, its too far for me considering the fact that I don't have a car...I'll have to keep looking.

I would recommend a Shih Tzu or something like, I have one in my doggy daycare at the moment hes a real character like a cuddly teddy bear but really hardy and thinks hes a Rottweiler they are yappers though but in my opinion most smaller breeds are!! Good luck in your quest for the perfect dog :-)

Ok, I got a place! A 1 bedroom pet friendly apartment on the 11th floor! I am now going to be looking for a dog suitable for apartment living.