Thai-Kickboxing and M.M.A. Event. Skate Central Queens Road , 28th May 2011

doesnt mean its not a mismatch either

No it doesn't, but on this fight the details of weight and record have been stated.

Edited by RossP
correcting grammar

A 1 sided fight doesn't necessarily mean a mismatch. Is Stutch-tastic fighting on this one?

Terribly sorry Ross, Ant Stuchbury will be unavailable this time round.

Due to family circumstances Ant will be defending his Title on the 23rd July on the Undercard of the ISKA Commonwealth title on the same show.

Yes you are correct, 1 sided fights are not neccesarily mismatches. Also a mismatch on paper often pans out totally the other way.

Examples include :

Becky Usher's first fight she fought against Emma Goodwin who already had 3 or 4 fights previous (I cant remember if it was 3 or 4). Due to the low number of Girls competing at Flyweight (or at all!) I was stuck between a rock and a hard place and had little option but to take the match.

On paper Becky was overmatched. On the night she ended up with a DRAW .

Andrew Campsill encountered similar good fortune last November. He was matched against the more experienced Sam Bagoly from London despite having only had the one fight (ironically against one of Sam Bagoly's team mates).

Andrew brought his record to 2-0 in that match.

In February 2008, on the undercard of Scot Sykes' ISKA British title fight (Scot's finest hour ever in the fight game) , Peter Day who was 0-1 (by TKO) fought Matthew Hart who was also 0-1 by TKO. Both men weighed in between 67 and 69kg ( I cant remember the exact digits but both weighed similar).

On paper a perfect match.

Peter Day ended that fight in the 1st Round with a perfect Right Cross that saw Matthew rolling out of the ring and onto one of the ringside tables!!!

Matchmaking is a Science within itself yet can be unpredictable.

fair dos farhad

No worries mate. Im always known for fair matchmaking on the shows. Everyone all over the country knows it.

With regard to matching Tanny. I tried local (as in Sheffield) and I did struggle (LOL)

I had to go out of town on like 5 or 6 days notice to get Tanny his first fight.

Tanny only fights "Full Contact" rules. i.e. American style kickboxing where there are no leg kicks or knees for the simple reason that he doesnt like leg kicks. The clinch doesnt bother him but leg kicks? (he hates them LOL)

I know that in Sheffield, there are 2 gyms that practise American rules kickboxing. One of them i asked (this was last summer sometime) said hed have someone then didnt get back to me! (Very professional LOL but then again Semi contact gyms are cowboys anyway). Another gym simply wont answer the phone , when i know for a FACT that they have 2 fighters in the same weight bracket (72-75kg).

Yes Crimewave, Tanny is fast and slippery but hes hardly the most powerful puncher or kicker in the gym. Our big hitters would have to be Big Andy (woops hes retired LOL) , Ant Stuchbury (with 4 1st round KO's) and Gaz Oldale who has the same record as Tanny and Andrew Campsill (2-0) but thats possibly due to them being big lads (although having good technique doesnt hurt).

For the record, Ant and Gaz fight at 81kg (12 stone 10lbs) Light heavyweight , I know it doesnt sound very big but it is for me .

:hihi:

Terribly sorry Ross, Ant Stuchbury will be unavailable this time round.

Due to family circumstances Ant will be defending his Title on the 23rd July on the Undercard of the ISKA Commonwealth title on the same show.

No worries, be good to see him back in there.

Yes you are correct, 1 sided fights are not neccesarily mismatches. Also a mismatch on paper often pans out totally the other way.

Totally correct, you've listed a load of examples, many more could be listed.

IMO a Matchmaker has to line guys up on credentials i.e. on paper, their record and past opponents, its then up to the fighters to make sure they hold their own.

i just ment Tanny was like 4 times better than his opponent, didnt really mean it in any other way, thats what it looked like on the dvd anyway

Tanny is hoping to keep undefeated on this one (as is Gaz Oldale) both are 2-0 but they have have tough fights and both hope to finish May with a 3-0 record.

I here that ant has bottled his fight is that true

I here that ant has bottled his fight is that true

Alright K-1 hater, I trust you are well. I presume you mean Ant Stuchbury? I am unsure as to which fight you are referring to that he supposedly "bottled". If you know something that I dont then it would be nice if you could keep me in the picture?

The fight card for this show is absolutely packed!!! For that very same reason I am only putting 2 or 3 (subject to matches available) of my own fighters on this card. I am letting the rest of the squad either "spread the seed" and support other promoters or letting the rest concentrate on their exams!

I forgot to mention that a sizeable fight squad are actually studying for degrees. Considering that they are students I dont think they are doing bad at all in their fights ;)

Enjoy the show as Im sure you'll be sneaking around in the crowd somewhere remaining undetected :D

Farad will Mike Gabbitas be fighting ??

yes he is. its on an earlier post in this thread

yes he is. its on an earlier post in this thread

Michael Gabbitas is fighting MMA and his team mate Marco Portaluri is fighting K-1 rules.

Tanny is hoping to keep undefeated on this one (as is Gaz Oldale) both are 2-0 but they have have tough fights and both hope to finish May with a 3-0 record.

Only 6 days now! go kick ass Gaz and Tanny