Good Cycle Routes?

Hello. I’m just taken cycling up this year. Starting when the sun appears?

Point of thread, I know Dam Flask and I know Grenoside Woods so far in, about 4 miles in as used to run in them. But now on cycle can go much further. So anyone knows any good places that lead off from Grenodside.

Also anyone know any other good cycle routes I could go on?

I live on Parson Cross, so setting off from there, will be covering some miles, so suggestions please.

Thanks.

I like to cycle (mountain bike) over to Redmires top Res' then over past Stanage pole and along Stanage edge. Bit challenging to start with but great fun and spectacular views.:)

I like to cycle (mountain bike) over to Redmires top Res' then over past Stanage pole and along Stanage edge. Bit challenging to start with but great fun and spectacular views.:)

Hey sounds great. Don't know route at all, can you give directions?

Thanks.

Hey sounds great. Don't know route at all, can you give directions?

Thanks.

Depends where you are coming from. Your best bet is to google Redmires Reservoir for directions to the top res', then you simply follow the road until it turns into a dirt track. This takes you all the way over to Stanage Edge. You will love it, but as I said, it's a bit tough the first few times though this depends on your fitness I suppose.:thumbsup:

if your in to mountain biking go up halifax road towards wortley. at the top of Halifax road when it starts to flatten out you pass some woods on the left hand side, sorry can,t remember the name. There are loads of great tracks to go on through the woods. If your on a road bike go along to catchbar lane go towards deepcar and stocksbridge. in deepcar you can turn right and go towards wortley for a short run or you can go to stocksbridge up the hill you can head towards the Strines or Manchester or again back towards wortley.

The best thing to do when your just starting out is to go along a road and just see where it goes

if your in to mountain biking go up halifax road towards wortley. at the top of Halifax road when it starts to flatten out you pass some woods on the left hand side, sorry can,t remember the name. There are loads of great tracks to go on through the woods. If your on a road bike go along to catchbar lane go towards deepcar and stocksbridge. in deepcar you can turn right and go towards wortley for a short run or you can go to stocksbridge up the hill you can head towards the Strines or Manchester or again back towards wortley.

The best thing to do when your just starting out is to go along a road and just see where it goes

Love it round there but beware of speeding motorists flying around the tight bends thinking they are in the RAC rally! Had a few near misses up there.