Royal Mail 'misplacing' mail

I'm so frustrated with Royal Mail in Sheffield! They left a 'sorry you were out' card for a package that was a 'do not bend' item on 19th January, but couldn't produce the package when I visited the next day, nor the week after.

I was told to ring the Sheffield WPDO at Tapton Hill Road (on 266 4438) about the whereabouts of the parcel, but nobody seems to answer the phone there, so I've left five messages on it to no avail. I re-arranged delivery for Monday 7th Feb but nothing came. I've arranged re-delivery again, but now three weeks have elapsed I can't even put the right date delivery was attempted.

I've put in two complaints to Royal Mail online, again to no effect.

What can I do?

You can't speak to a human at any point in attempting to find out what's gone wrong, so I'd appreciate some advice!

:rant:

I can't be of much help but I feel sorry for you! The Royal Mail website and telephone service are just a complete joke. You go on the website for answers and it tells you to ring a number. You ring the number and it asks if you've looked on the website. You have to wait about 10 minutes before you get through to a human who reads from a piece of paper and doesn't really know what's going on. From my experience, it is an awful 'service'.

What can I do?

You can't speak to a human at any point in attempting to find out what's gone wrong, so I'd appreciate some advice!

:rant:

In my experience, the delivery office tell you they don't know where the item is for 2 weeks and on the 15th day they miraculously find it and return it to the sender. At this point I'd honestly just give up on it: you may get lucky and have it turn up but I wouldn't count on it.

It is pointless complaining to Royal Mail directly: I complained in writing after 6 wasted trips to the delivery office and repeated promises of redelivery and the only response I got (2 months later) was a patronising letter telling me I should wait 48 hours after getting a Sorry you were out card before trying to pick up my parcel...

Sorry if I sound bitter ;)

I have just sent off my 2nd compensation form in the last 10 months,for what they call,"lost item." More like stolen item! Special delivery is a joke.I send cash and some dishonest b**tard decides to pocket it.I hope whoever is stealing realises they are taking a childs maintenance money.Well it's the last time i use Royal Mail! From now on it's getting sent through the banking system.

I have just sent off my 2nd compensation form in the last 10 months,for what they call,"lost item." More like stolen item! Special delivery is a joke.I send cash and some dishonest b**tard decides to pocket it.I hope whoever is stealing realises they are taking a childs maintenance money.Well it's the last time i use Royal Mail! From now on it's getting sent through the banking system.

Why would you send cash through the post if you could use 'the banking system'?