Advice needed on minature Daschund

I have just been given a minature Daschund, she is coming up 2 and hasn't been house trained, I came down this morning to find 4 poo's and 2 big puddles, but I was taking her out for a good 10-15 mins every hour so she had plenty of oppatunity to go, also we have been out for 2 big walks today and she hasn't done anything and we have also been on the garden alot but when she came in and my back was turned she left me another package. Does anybody on here think there is any hope of me ever managing to house train her? also Id much appriciate all advice and tips please.:)

Thanks Elliss

x

I have 4 mini dachshund's an have found it really hard to house trian, they seem to not like to do it outside. We can go out for long walk's an find they hold it in till they get home. Keep trying it is possible. And you should know by now we need to see pic's, these are my fav dog's.

I dont know how to upload pics, tell me how to do it and I certainly will xx

Edited by Gi Elle

I'm really not the best person to ask about uploading i usually get my daughter to do that sort of thing, i think you have to put them on face book or photo box or any such site an post a link. Hope this help's, i'm dying to see her now.

right I will try now, she is gorgeous very small and soft! she has got terrible wind though :gag:!!

xx

I have no idea how to upload the pictures iv tried and cant do it, I can text you them though! also we have just managed to have a wee outside :) xx

Yay wee's outside! Don't worry about the pic's like i said i had to get my daughter to show me what to do. What colour is she? Get ready for the barking to start though mine bark at every thing and the mardy face, just cos you won't give them the whole chicken. Barking an looking at you like your the worst mummy in the word is what thier best at.

Iv gathered that, she always looks sad no matter what we do lol, her wind is terrible but not sure if thats because she is holding it in! she is black and tan, what colours are yours? how old? xx

Bitches in particular can be awkward with toiletting outside. I have had this with all of mine. For some it is the vulnerability and fear of letting there guard down and it takes confidence and trust in the environment for them to be able to go. With one of mine you could walk her for hours stand outside for 30 mins and come back in and she would wee. It took time and patience for her to have the confidence to go outside but once she started that was it we never looked back.

The main thing is no shouting and ignore it when she does go inside unless you see her doing it then you can do a no and put her out but again don't shout it. Remove her and place her outside and clean up. Reward everytime she does go outside and use a cue word ours is wee wees but it could be toilet or anthing really but something she can associate with going for a wee. Whenever she goes give praise and a treat or something she enjoys you want her to associate nice things happening with going to do her business.

You need to make sure you clean up well as she will start to toilet on her scent. Even though you can't smell it she will and conventional cleaning products will not remove it. Alot of people rate safe4 or biological washing powder as the enzymes break down the urine (i believe).

Stick with it persistance is the key :D

right I will try now, she is gorgeous very small and soft! she has got terrible wind though :gag:!!

xx

What are you feeding her?