Bottom of Lodge Lane this morning

Awesome performance by the driver of a flet bed car transporter lorry at the junction of Lodge Lane and Manchester Road (by the end of the Rivelin Valley Road). On turning into Lodge Lane, he had evidently discovered that the gradient was such that the downward-pointing loading ramp at the back of his vehicle was low enough to hit the surface of Manchester Road. Unfortunately this had left his back wheels dangling in the air, leaving him stuck like a beached whale half in and half out of the junction.

Reminded me of when Top Gear did something similar getting a supercar out of a Parisian car park exit.

Anyway, you might want to avoid coming down Lodge Lane until he's managed to move...

SATNAV

'Nuff said.

Having said that, I found his stupidity less annoying than the person two cars in front of me going back up Lodge Lane who stopped to tell every driver going towards the obstruction to turn round, seemingly unaware of the growing queue behind. Very public spirited, I'm sure, but completely illogical since the delay he or she was causing was worse than the delay caused by the truck in the first place.

I was forced to, briefly, adopt an Italian driving style to get past so apologies and thanks for letting me through if you were the person in the Mazda coming the other way.

Edited by Lockjaw