As a kid what was your favourite sweet..

grinder

i think they were jap desserts they was my favs.

Nah, they were the fancy version of coconut ice. (The basic version was usually pink & white with no chocolate). Jap Deserts were smaller cubes, about 1/2 inch across, with rounded corners. They had a smooth coating, in different colours, with a softer coconut filling...delish!

I was in Crich Tramway museum last year & their sweetshop had 'Yorkshire Mixture' which were brill, but even better, the bloke who was serving wasn't fazed at all when I asked him for a quarter! (But he did have to do some rapid mental maths cos his weighing scales were only in grammes)

Spanish wood is that what they called those liquorice twigs you could buy during the war ?

Used to love them..

Then again you didn't have much choice did you...:)

I used to love licorice root. Bought some in a health food shop a while back... made me realise what a deprived childhood I must've had!

Spanish wood is that what they called those liquorice twigs you could buy during the war ?

Used to love them..

Then again you didn't have much choice did you...:)

thems the ones chew on them for hrs till they was just a wet twig, every now and then a real strong batch came in