Dear pedestrians !!

Isn't walking a form of private transport?

x

Not on a public pavement. And certainly not on public roads.

The moral behind all this is...

If everybody (drivers and pedestrians) use a bit of savvy, we will all get where we are going faster and safer.

I really think that pedestrians should use their common sense and keep off the roads in the present conditions. If I did slide in my car and hit a pedestrian I would never forgive myself as I would lose my no claims bonus and dent my car.

Dear Drivers, perhaps some of you might not have got stuck if you hadnt thought yourselves invincible in the deteriorating conditions earlier in the week, causing public transport to slow down and in some cases grind to a halt,despite numerous messages of advice from the highways agency and the police. if the road is passable, we hear you approaching and you dont attempt to force us into the snowbank, we pedestrians will happily step to one side and let you pass unencumbered. Thank you.

Seeing as both my incidents happened today when most if not all major roads are clear and minor roads are still 50/50 passable, your comment in my bold doesnt apply. And the fact i was taking my mother, mother in law, myself and my niece to the supermarket because all of them have been snowed in for the last 3 days and had no food, nothing would have stopped me from as you say being invincible to help my family out.

I really think that pedestrians should use their common sense and keep off the roads in the present conditions. If I did slide in my car and hit a pedestrian I would never forgive myself as I would lose my no claims bonus and dent my car.
:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Not on a public pavement. And certainly not on public roads.

Point conceded.

Now refund me £££several hundred of my council tax that paid for the gritting, and I'll stay off your roads.

x

The RAC recommend sliding into poor people as they'll cushion the impact and require less compensation than the cost of a new panel and respray.

x

Point conceded.

Now refund me £££several hundred of my council tax that paid for the gritting, and I'll stay off your roads.

x

I'll reimburse you when I receive my £££thousands of point that iv'e paid on council tax and road tax. Who shall I make the cheque out to?

I guess the majority of people would be happy to walk on the pavement only that many car drivers who have dug their car out have dumped most of the snow on the pavements.

I was walking along and there I was blocked off. I could not physically climb the waist height wall. I had to back track and was forced to walk onto the road to get past several times.

P.S. I'm a car driver by the way.

Edited by John

I guess the majority of people would be happy to walk on the pavement only that many car drivers who have dug their car out have dumped most of the snow on the pavements.
Actually on the pavements? Are you stretching the truth a little John?

Seeing as both my incidents happened today when most if not all major roads are clear and minor roads are still 50/50 passable, your comment in my bold doesnt apply. And the fact i was taking my mother, mother in law, myself and my niece to the supermarket because all of them have been snowed in for the last 3 days and had no food, nothing would have stopped me from as you say being invincible to help my family out.

just as nothing stopped my 67 year old pensioner father from walking to Crystal Peaks to get the essentials. my post was aimed at nobody in particular, but it was prompted by witnessing ( from the window of a supertram stuck for 45 minutes due to drivers having got stuck at Gleadless Town End) the exact behaviour I was on about. You decided I was aiming my post at you, that's your prerogative, it also says one of two things, maybe heed your own signature, have a brandy and chill, or maybe a touch of guilty conscience? so, can I assume you're now going to run me down if you see me walking on 'your' roads?

I'll reimburse you when I receive my £££thousands of point that iv'e paid on council tax and road tax. Who shall I make the cheque out to?

Why should you receive a refund on your road and council tax when you make use of both HM roads and the council's grit?

Please make my cheque out to the Campaign Against Substandard Housing (CASH for short).

x