Damage to cars in Eckington. AGAIN !!

Once again i have been woken up to the sound of youngsters who cant hold thier ale smashing off wingmirrors all the way up my street. If the police had responded it would have saved £1000's in damage to all the cars. On our street alone at least 15 cars were done. Who knows how many were smashed before my street and after my street. I called the police and got the all too familiar "All i can do is give you a reference number for your insurance, its not an emergency" If they had come out they would have caught the perps during their wrecking spree. Eckington used to be a nice place to live but i think people have forgotten how to teach their kids respsct for other people property. I am sick of the wanna be gangsters !!!

i hope whoever is doing it gets their belongings smashed up too. Its not only the fact that it costly, but damn annoying to replace an expensive wing mirror on monday mornings, taking time off to go to a garage etc. Can you tell ive had it done twice! I would film them and take the evidence to the police then, although im sure they still wouldnt give a damn. Im sure it would be different though if it were to happen to their cars!

And when you do dish out summary justice the police are quick to arrest you.

Once again i have been woken up to the sound of youngsters who cant hold thier ale smashing off wingmirrors all the way up my street. If the police had responded it would have saved £1000's in damage to all the cars. On our street alone at least 15 cars were done. Who knows how many were smashed before my street and after my street. I called the police and got the all too familiar "All i can do is give you a reference number for your insurance, its not an emergency" If they had come out they would have caught the perps during their wrecking spree. Eckington used to be a nice place to live but i think people have forgotten how to teach their kids respsct for other people property. I am sick of the wanna be gangsters !!!

I am a student journalist of Sheffield University. Did you keep the evidence? If any car owners keep it, I will rush to Eckington and write a story about it. I hope the story could reach local newspapers, and let more people help catch young offenders. Contact me!

where in eckington did this happen and what day????????????

It was on Henry St (nr the wine merchants and wedding shop) and John St (behind the swimming baths). It happened at 0145 Sunday. I just couldnt get dressed and out quick enough when i realised what was happening. But that might be a good thing cos against 6 drunken youths i may not have stood a chance and could have made things much worse and my kids would have to look at me all messed up and if it had gone the other way with me coming off better it wouldnt be justified (in the eyes of the law).:(

Some idiots did it on Basegreen drive as well on Friday.The idiots.

Yeah and we all end up paying the price, through Car Insurance going up !